MISSISSAUGA, ON, Dec. 29, 2016 /CNW/ -
WHAT: The Courage Polar Bear Dip for World Vision, the biggest and longest-running charity dip in Canada, returns on New Year's Day 2017. To celebrate the first day of "Canada 150", nearly 1,000 dippers have set a fundraising goal of $150,000 for clean water projects in Africa.
WHEN: Sunday, January 1, 2017, 12:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m., with the dip itself taking place at 2p.m.
Full schedule of events can be found at: http://www.polarbeardip.ca/festivities.php
WHERE: Coronation Park, Oakville 1426 Lakeshore Rd W, Oakville, ON
- Huge crowd of brave Canadians of all ages, counting down and running into the cold waters of Lake Ontario together, many of them in red & white costumes
- Canadian costume contest to mark "Canada 150"
- Live music with a festive atmosphere
- Thousands of spectators supporting the dippers
Todd and Trent Courage, Polar Bear Dip founders
Eric Frans, Vice-President, World Vision Canada
Courage Polar Bear Dip photos: HERE
Web links: www.polarbeardip.ca; www.worldvision.ca
Social media: @PolarBearDip; #PolarBearDip
- This year's event will be an extra special celebration of Canada's 150th birthday with a wave of nearly 1000 dippers encouraged to wear red & white or classic Canadian costumes
- The Courage Polar Bear Dip for World Vison is the largest charity dip in Canada
- Todd and Trent Courage founded the Courage Polar Bear Dip as teenagers, 32-years ago
- The Dip is expected to raise $150,000 this year for World Vision water projects in Rwanda, Ghana, Mali and Tanzania
- Overall fundraising since inception is expected to surpass $1.5 million this year
World Vision is a relief, development, and advocacy organization working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families, and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. Inspired by our Christian values, World Vision is dedicated to working with the world's most vulnerable people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or gender. Visit our News Centre at worldvision.ca
SOURCE World Vision Canada
For further information: For interviews contact: Brett Tarver - 647-825-2712 or email@example.com; Rachel Schrader - 289-208-5418 or firstname.lastname@example.org