OTTAWA, April 26 /CNW Telbec/ - With an estimated $40 billion in trade and services opportunities on the line, delegates at the Canada-EU Forum will join Canadian and European business leaders, along with the lead negotiators, for a dialogue on the Canada-EU Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA). Timed to take place right after the third round of the negotiations, this unique forum will provide the latest information on the negotiations.
Visit www.chamber.ca to view the full program.
Media are invited to attend. Accreditation will be done on site.
Wednesday, April 28:
Théâtre du Casino
- Honourable Perrin Beatty, President and CEO, The Canadian Chamber of
- Jurgen Thumann, President, BUSINESSEUROPE/Founder, Heitkamp &
- Thumann KG
- Honourable Peter Van Loan, Minister of International Trade (Canada)
- Honourable Roy MacLaren, Co-Chair, Canada Europe Roundtable for
Thèâtre du Casino
Panel session 1: What progress has been made in the negotiations, and
what are the challenges ahead?
- Steve Verheul, Canadian Chief Negotiator
- Philipp Dupuis, European Commission Deputy Chief Negotiator
Thèâtre du Casino
Panel session 2: Why is a Canada-EU CETA good for both Canadian and
- Dr. Werner Schnappauf, Director General and Member of the
Presidential Board of the Federation of German Industries (BDI)
- Emma Marcegaglia, President, Confindustria, Italy/Managing Director,
- Jean-Louis Schilansky, Vice President and Treasurer, Mouvement des
entreprises de France
- Thomas d'Aquino, Chief Executive, Intercounsel Ltd., and Past Chief
Executive, Canadian Council of Chief Executives (1981-2009)
- Richard Wansbutter, Vice President, Government and Commercial
- Shaun Usmar, Chief Financial Officer, Xstrata Nickel
Honourable Jean Charest, Premier of Québec
SOURCE Canadian Chamber of Commerce
For further information: For further information: Kathryn Anderson, Director, Communications and Marketing, The Canadian Chamber of Commerce, Cell: (613) 797-1860, email@example.com