TORONTO, March 6 /CNW/ -
Phase one of a new $50 million, 150,000 sq.-ft. terminal officially opens
for passengers at Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport. Porter Airlines' new
home includes added lounge space, aircraft gates and passenger services
to further improve the travel experience at this revitalized facility.
Porter projects over 1.3 million passengers using the airport in 2010.
- Robert Deluce, President and CEO, Porter Airlines
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport (foot of Bathurst St., south of
Queens Quay W.)
- Check-in at the terminal (island side)
- Sunday, March 7, 2010 - 6:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- 6:30 a.m. - First passengers to check in (approximate)
- 7:30 a.m. - Robert Deluce available for media interviews
- 7:45 a.m. - Ceremonial cake cutting
- 8:30 a.m. - Inaugural flight scheduled to depart from new
terminal to Myrtle Beach
- 8:45 a.m. - Scheduled departure to New York (Newark)
- 9:30 a.m. - Scheduled departure to Montreal
- 10:00 a.m. - Scheduled departure to New York (Newark)
About Porter Airlines
Porter Airlines is Canada's third largest scheduled carrier, based at Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport. Porter is committed to offering speed, convenience and service as part a premium travel experience. A refined journey begins on the ground with comfortable airport lounges and service-oriented team members. The experience continues seamlessly in the air with spacious interiors and well-appointed crew. Passengers enjoy complimentary services, including free in-flight wine, beer and premium snacks, all aboard modern aircraft.
The airline currently serves Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Halifax, St. John's, Thunder Bay, New York (Newark), Chicago (Midway), Boston (Logan), and has seasonal flights to Mt. Tremblant, Que. and Myrtle Beach, SC. Sudbury service begins March 31. Visit www.flyporter.com or call (888) 619-8622 for more information.
Note to media:
The ferry departs from the city side to the airport every 15 minutes on the hour. Parking is available on the island and escorts are available at the airport for photo opportunities in selected areas. Please check-in with a Porter agent to advise of your arrival.
SOURCE Porter Airlines Inc.
For further information: For further information: Media contact: Brad Cicero, Kristen Shamess, Porter Airlines, (416) 629-5590, (416) 333-2655