VANCOUVER, July 18, 2016 /CNW Telbec/ - Cowichan Tribes First Nation is launching a new personal health record initiative that will increase access to primary care for 400 Cowichan Tribe members. This new health record will allow patients to view their health record 24/7 online, receive lab reports, check vital signs, and – most importantly – directly communicate with their care providers through a direct messaging system.
This innovative, breakthrough solution honours Cowichan Tribes' teachings and approach to care by reinforcing the importance of empowerment and the need to work together as a community for improved health and wellness.
Join us for the formal announcement of this initiative, Closing the Circle of Care, and to hear from our valued partners and participants, listed below.
Date: July 19, 10:00 AM
Location: Quw'utsun' Cultural and Conference Centre (Comeakin Room), Duncan, BC, 200 Cowichan Way, Duncan, BC V9L 6P4
- William Charles Seymour, Chief, Cowichan Tribes;
- Hon. Dr. Terry Lake, Minister of Health;
- Mark Sommerfeld, CEO, Mustimuhw Information Solutions Inc.;
- Maureen Tommy, President, Mustimuhw Information Solutions Inc.;
- Michael Green, CEO, Canada Health Infoway;
- George Attar, Senior Vice-President, Chief Technology and Information Officer, McKesson Canada.
SOURCE MCKESSON CANADA
For further information: please contact Elizabeth Huart at firstname.lastname@example.org or 514-832-2587.