The completion of the three-year, $360 Million redevelopment project will provide an additional four levels (230,000 square feet) of new retail space taking fashion to the next level in the nation's capital
OTTAWA, Aug. 11, 2016 /CNW/ - Following three years of redevelopment, CF Rideau Centre, Ottawa's leading shopping destination, will officially unveil its new expansion on Thursday, August 11th. The four-level, 230,000 square foot expansion features an impressive line-up of retail and restaurant additions including Simons, Anthropologie, Massimo Dutti and more as well as a new three-level underground parking garage with 387 new parking spaces.
Phase One of the redevelopment project was completed in 2014 and added a 35,000 square foot Dining Hall on Level 2. In 2015, Phase Two saw CF Rideau Centre welcome luxury retailer Nordstorm and the refurbishment the Freiman Bridge. Phase Two also included interior enhancements to the property including new quartz flooring, enhanced lighting, glass railings as well as updated washrooms, wayfinding and amenities.
Phase Three will be celebrated on August 11th with an official ribbon cutting ceremony in the new expansion at 10:15 a.m. The occasion will include remarks from Cadillac Fairview executives, Simons CEO and City of Ottawa delegates including Mayor Jim Watson and Councillor Mathieu Fleury.
CF Rideau Centre
Level 3, Centre Court
50 Rideau Street
Ottawa, ON K1N 9J7
Media entrance via Green Garage elevators (Nicholas Street at Besserer Street) or Freiman Mall (Level 1 – take escalators to Level 3)
Thursday, August 11, 2016
10:15 AM to Noon
- Welcome address from Wayne Barwise, EVP Development, Cadillac Fairview, Danielle Lavoie, SVP and Portfolio Manager, Eastern Canada, Cadillac Fairview and Peter Simons, CEO, Simons
- Remarks from Councillor Mathieu Fleury, Ward 12 Rideau-Vanier
- Remarks from Mayor Jim Watson, City of Ottawa
- PHOTO OP: Ribbon cutting to mark the official opening of the new expansion
- *Stores open to the public at 11:00 a.m.
10:45 AM to Noon
- Guided tours and interviews (in English and French) with:
- Wayne Barwise EVP of Development for Cadillac Fairview
- Danielle Lavoie, SVP and Portfolio Manager, Eastern Canada Cadillac Fairview
- Peter Simons, CEO, Simons and new CF Rideau Centre retailers on request
For more information on CF Rideau Centre and its retailers, please visit cfshops.ca/rideau-centre.
SOURCE Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited
Image with caption: "CF Rideau Centre opens 230,000 square foot expansion with official ribbon cutting ceremony - L-R - Cindy VanBuskirk, General Manager, CF Rideau Centre - Danielle Lavoie, SVP and Portfolio Manager, Eastern Canada, Cadillac Fairview - Wayne Barwise, EVP of Development for Cadillac Fairview - Donald Simons, Father of Peter Simons - Mayor Jim Watson, City of Ottawa - Councillor Mathieu Fleury, Ward 12 Rideau-Vanier - Peter Simons, CEO, Simons (CNW Group/Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20160811_C3085_PHOTO_EN_751549.jpg
For further information: If you are interested in learning more, please contact: Vanessa Jenkins, North Strategic, firstname.lastname@example.org / 416-206-8765