TORONTO, Sept. 17, 2015 /CNW/ - The Munk Debates announce details about media accreditation required for the Munk Election Debate on Canada's Foreign Policy, to take place September 28, 2015, 7:00 pm EDT at Roy Thomson Hall in Toronto.
Media wishing to cover the September 28 Munk Election Debate must be accredited. Space is limited, and only accredited media will be admitted to the media room.
Beginning September 17, 2015, media can apply for accreditation by contacting Sherry Naylor by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline to apply for accreditation is 12:00 noon (ET) on Friday, September 25, 2015.
Media passes can be picked up on-site beginning at 4:30 p.m. (ET) on September 28, 2015 at the security entrance of Roy Thomson Hall (off Wellington Street, west of Simcoe). Media must provide proper identification for entry into media pits or media room to watch livestream of the debate.
*All media, including media on campaign trails, must apply for debate accreditation.
Media Room: Studio (backstage area)
- The room will be available to media from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. on September 28.
- Media room access closes at 5:30 p.m. with no in-out privileges until debate is finished
- Space is limited, but tables and chairs will be provided.
- The debate livestream will be projected on large screens.
- Audio feed will also be available for radio.
- French and English translations will be provided through audio distribution boxes.
- WiFi access will be available in the room to send news copy and photos. There will NOT be a high-speed connection for video transfers in the room.
- Water, coffee, and light refreshments will be provided.
- Live access to scums immediately following the debate, should the party leaders choose to make themselves available for scrums.
- Due to limited space, only the designated Canadian Press and Reuters photographers will be allowed access to the debate on September 28, 2015. There will be no other photo or video cameras allowed in the auditorium.
Broadcasting or streaming the debate
- Media outlets wishing to broadcast or stream the debates must obtain the rights from the Munk Debates. Please contact Sherry Naylor by email at email@example.com
- HD video feed of the full debate and scrums (raw natural sound feed, feed with English translation, and feed with French translation) will be available at Toronto TOC for a fee of $750 for news access only (3 minutes).
- The full LIVE debate video will be made available for broadcast. For details and access cost, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Munk Debates
The Munk Debates are an initiative of the Aurea Foundation, founded in 2006 by Peter and Melanie Munk to support Canadian institutions involved in the study and development of public policy. The goal of the Munk Debates is to enliven and elevate public discussion in Canada of the major issues shaping the course of world events.
SOURCE Munk Debates
For further information: Sherry Naylor, The Munk Debates, Tel: +1.416.368.8253, Cell: +1.647.404.8232, email@example.com