SANTA MONICA, Calif. and VANCOUVER, British Columbia, April 18, 2016 /CNW/ -- Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF), a premier next generation global content leader and the studio behind the blockbuster The Hunger Games film franchise, has partnered with Profiles in History, one of the world's leading auction houses for Hollywood memorabilia, to hold The World of The Hunger Games Auction on May 20, 2016. For one day only, nearly 500 authentic costumes, props, and set pieces will be available for purchase from each of the franchise's four films: The Hunger Games, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1, and The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2.
"Everyone will have a chance to acquire items from their favorite characters and moments of The Hunger Games series," said Joe Maddalena, President, Profiles in History. "We're extremely proud to offer a collection of this caliber for such a beloved studio franchise."
"The Hunger Games films have captured hearts and minds around the world," said Kerry Phelan, Executive Vice President, Global Franchise Management & Strategic Partnerships, Lionsgate. "We are excited to bring fans the unique opportunity to own a piece of this global phenomenon."
The auction will feature genuine costumes worn by the series' leading cast members, unique props, and recognizable set pieces used throughout the film production process. Highlights include:
- Katniss Everdeen's wooden District 12 hunting longbow from The Hunger Games
- Katniss Everdeen's iconic Mockingjay armor from The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1
- Peeta Mellark's tribute combat wetsuit from The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
- Gale Hawthorne's District 13 combat ensemble from The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1
- Katniss Everdeen's hunting ensemble with signature leather jacket and stunt hunting longbow from The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2
- Katniss Everdeen's and Peeta Mellark's iconic Tribute Parade costumes from The Hunger Games
- Katniss Everdeen's signature silver bow and quiver used at the Training Center and arena sequences during the Quarter Quell in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
- District 12 reaping bowl filled with name slips from The Hunger Games
- District 12 "Victors' Village" archway sign from The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
- Tribute Parade chariots used in both The Hunger Games and The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
- Prop "holo" device with flip-top screen from The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2
- Signature costumes from Effie Trinket, President Snow, Caesar Flickerman, Finnick Odair, Johanna Mason, and President Coin
- Peacekeeper uniforms and props
- Numerous items featuring the signature Panem emblem, including flags, banners, china, pins, and the large gold eagle statue from President Snow's office
Qualified bidders can participate in the live auction beginning at 11am PDT in the following ways:
- IN PERSON: At the Profiles In History headquarters located at 26662 Agoura Rd., Calabasas, CA 91302
- BY TELEPHONE: By calling 310-859-7701
- ONLINE: Either with absentee bidding or in real-time from anywhere across the globe through the Invaluable Live Auctions platform
More information, including auction registration and a full catalog, is available at http://thehungergamesauction.com.
About Profiles In History
Founded in 1985 by Joseph Maddalena, Profiles in History is the nation's leading dealer of guaranteed-authentic original historical autographs, letters, documents, vintage signed photographs and manuscripts and original Hollywood Memorabilia. www.profilesinhistory.com
Lionsgate is a premier next generation global content leader with a diversified presence in motion picture production and distribution, television programming and syndication, home entertainment, international distribution and sales, branded channel platforms, interactive ventures and games, and location-based entertainment. The Company has nearly 80 television shows on 40 different networks spanning its primetime production, distribution and syndication businesses. These include the critically-acclaimed hit series Orange is the New Black, the hit broadcast network series Nashville, the syndication successes The Wendy Williams Show and Celebrity Name Game (with FremantleMedia), the breakout series The Royals and the Golden Globe-nominated dramedy Casual.
The Company's feature film business spans eight labels and includes the blockbuster Hunger Games franchise, the Now You See Me, Divergent and John Wick series, Sicario, The Age of Adaline, Roadside Attractions' Love & Mercy and Mr. Holmes, Codeblack Films' Addicted and breakout concert film Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain and Pantelion Films' Instructions Not Included, the highest-grossing Spanish-language film ever released in the U.S.
Lionsgate's home entertainment business is an industry leader in box office-to-DVD and box office-to-VOD revenue conversion rates. Lionsgate handles a prestigious and prolific library of approximately 16,000 motion picture and television titles that is an important source of recurring revenue and serves as the foundation for the growth of the Company's core businesses. The Lionsgate and Summit brands remain synonymous with original, daring, quality entertainment in markets around the world. www.lionsgate.com
Profiles in History Publicity
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160418/356489LOGO
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130919/LA83194LOGO