Healthy Way of Life destination creates nearly 300 jobs; offers a broad array of interest-driven programs, services and amenities for all ages and families
CHANHASSEN, Minn., and VAUGHAN, Ontario, May 19, 2016 /CNW/ -- Advancing its commitment to improve the health of communities, Life Time – The Healthy Way of Life Company, announces the opening of Life Time Athletic Vaughan, located at 7405 Weston Road. A ribbon cutting and preview celebration is set for today May 19 at 6:00 p.m. The club will open for workouts for Founder's Members on Friday, May 20 at 4:00 a.m. and all members on Tuesday, May 24.
The three-story, more than 200,000-square-foot destination offers a health and fitness experience unlike anything else to the area, including a 60,000-square-foot outdoor aquatic center with zero-depth entry pools, lap pools and waterslides, outdoor turf area and more. In addition, the new center boasts a broad array of highly personalized programs and services that allow members to engage in their areas of interest and help them achieve their total health objectives, athletic aspirations and fitness goals.
"It's humbling to see how our unique healthy way of life approach has resonated in the Greater Toronto Area as people seek to improve their overall health and well-being," said Austin Curran, Life Time Athletic Vaughan general manager. "We're on a mission to improve the health of our communities and simply can't wait to impact the lives of area residents—from our littlest members to seasoned adults."
As with each of the company's current destinations across North America, including Mississauga and Ajax, Ontario, York region residents will be well-served at Life Time Athletic Vaughan.
- Five dedicated group exercise, cycle, Pilates and LifePower Yoga studios; indoor Alpha Training and boxing areas
- 400 pieces of best-in-class cardiovascular and resistance training equipment
- Proprietary "Life Time Training Method," a science-based approach for long-term health and wellness success led by the industry's most highly certified fitness professionals
- LifeCafe, serving healthy food and beverages free of trans fats, bleached flours, and artificial flavors, colors, preservatives and sweeteners
- LifeSpa, offering full-service hair, nail and skin care services and therapeutic massage
- Life Time Kids Academy, a unique membership program designed especially for kids from three months to 13 years, led by handpicked, certified experts committed to childhood development with classes including Zumba, yoga, tumbling, French immersion, music, arts and more
- One full-size indoor basketball court, featuring Ultimate Hoops youth training programs and basketball leagues, the largest league in the U.S. and an indoor soccer field
- Complimentary towel and locker service
Life Time Athletic Vaughan marks the company's third location in Canada; and 120th Life Time destination in the U.S. and Canada. Hours of operation are 4:00 a.m. to midnight seven days a week. For more information about Life Time Athletic Vaughan, call 289.290.6600 or visit http://bit.ly/1SimTXY or facebook.com/LifeTimeAthleticVaughan.
About Life TimeSM, The Healthy Way of Life Company
Life Time is a privately held, comprehensive health and lifestyle company that offers a personalized and scientific approach to long-term health and wellness. Through its portfolio of distinctive resort-like destinations, athletic events and corporate health services, the Healthy Way of Life Company helps members achieve their goals everyday with the support of a team of dedicated professionals and an array of proprietary health assessments. As of May 19, 2016, the company operates 120 centers in 26 states and 35 major markets under the LIFE TIME FITNESS® and LIFE TIME ATHLETIC® brands in the United States and Canada. Additional information is available at www.lifetimefitness.com.
SOURCE Life Time Fitness, Inc.
For further information: Natalie Bushaw / 952.229.2007 / firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.lifetimefitness.com