WASHINGTON, DC, April 16, 2015 /CNW/ - The Global Network of Director Institutes (GNDI) today announced the launch of a new global program which will unlock access to benefits and governance resources for directors from around the world.
The Global Passport allows directors who are members of their GNDI home country member organization to access benefits from affiliated director institutes at discounted rates. Benefits include subscriptions to member-only publications, online governance resources, special pricing for events and director registry services, among others.
"The Global Passport program will provide opportunities for directors to learn from their international colleagues and to keep current on global business and governance trends that affect their organizations," said Mr. Stan Magidson, chair of GNDI and president and CEO of the Institute of Corporate Directors in Canada.
The network, which represents more than 100,000 directors from around the world, launched the initiative at the inaugural GNDI summit on cyber security in Washington, D.C., attended by leading international directors and CEOs.
"The events of the last few years have shown us that corporate governance and the role of directors is not limited to a single geography," said Mr. Magidson. "The Global Passport will open doors for further collaboration across jurisdictions and, hopefully, result in better performing boards and organizations."
GNDI is an international network of 15 director institutes and was established in December 2012 to foster closer cooperation between its members, who are each recognized as the primary institute for directors and governance in their respective country.
The following organizations are members of GNDI:
- Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD)
- Brazilian Institute of Corporate Governance (IBGC)
- GCC Board Directors Institute (BDI)
- European Confederation of Directors Associations (ecoDa)
- Hong Kong Institute of Directors (HKIoD)
- Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD), Canada
- Institute of Directors in New Zealand (IoDNZ)
- Institute of Directors in Southern Africa (IoDSA)
- Institute of Directors (IoD), United Kingdom
- Malaysian Alliance of Corporate Directors (MACD)
- Mauritius Institute of Directors (MIoD)
- National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD), United States.
- Singapore Institute of Directors (SID)
- Swiss Institute of Directors (SIoD)
- Thai Institute of Directors (TIoD)
SOURCE Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD)
For further information: Maliha Aqeel, director of communications, Institute of Corporate Directors, +1 416 593 7741 ext. 229 or +1 416 829 9808, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.gndi.org