LONDON, Dec. 2, 2015 /CNW/ - The Aeroportos VIP Club at Brasilia International Airport was named the Latin American & Caribbean Lounge of the Year Winner in the Priority Pass Airport Lounge of the Year Awards 2015. Club Mobay at Montego Bay Sangster International Airport was Highly Commended in the Latin American & Caribbean category - for the second time as the lounge first received this accolade in 2013.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20151015/277344LOGO )
Terry A Evans, President, The Americas at Priority Pass said: "The Aeroportos VIP Club at Brasilia International Airport is this year's well-deserved Latin American & Caribbean Winner. Voted for by Priority Pass Members, this is a clear reflection of exactly what frequent travelers expect to experience in a premium independent airport lounge - a modern and stylish space filled with natural light - the perfect place to recharge and revive. Each of this year's Latin American & Caribbean winning lounges is accessible through the Priority Pass smartphone apps and the Digital Membership Card, something that serves to highlight just how important the digital experience has become for frequent flyers who expect everything including airline tickets and exclusive membership services to be available digitally 24/7."
This is the 11th year of the prestigious Lounge of the Year awards which recognise the individual excellence and investment in customer experience within the Priority Pass lounge network. Over 100,000 votes were cast by Priority Pass Members in this year's Lounge of the Year Awards, up from 84,000 votes last year, making it the highest volume of votes since the awards began. Members vote on a set of criteria covering overall lounge quality, including refreshments, staff, business facilities and ambience. The new Priority Pass app and website now make it even easier for Members to rate lounges that they are guests in, making Priority Pass confident that there will be even more data for next year's awards.
Notes to Editor:
The complete list of winners in the 2015 Priority Pass Lounge of the Year Awards includes:
Overall Global Winner:
EuroAirport Skyview Lounge at EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg
Latin America & the Caribbean:
- Overall Winner: Aeroportos VIP Club at Brasilia International
- Highly Commended: Club Mobay at Montego Bay Sangster International
- Overall Winner: Salon VIP Lounge at Québec Jean Lesage International
- Highly Commended: The Club at ATL at Atlanta GA International
Africa & Middle East:
- Overall Winner: Crown Lounge at Amman Queen Alia International
- Highly Commended: Dilmun Lounge at Bahrain International
- Overall Winner: Louis Tavern CIP First Class Lounge at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International
- Highly Commended: More Premium Lounge at Taipei Taoyuan International
- Highly Commended: Asiana Business Lounge at Seoul Incheon International
- Overall Winner: EuroAirport Skyview Lounge at EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg
- Highly Commended: King Amlet Lounge at Billund Airport
Best Business Facilities:
- Overall Winner: Wingtips Lounge at New York JFK International
- Highly Commended: Swiss International Airlines Lounge at Zurich Airport
Best Quality of Refreshments:
- Overall Winner: Dilmun Lounge at Bahrain International
- Highly Commended: Plaza Premium Lounge at Vancouver International
Best Attitude and Service from Lounge Staff
- Winner: The Club at SJC at San Jose CA Mineta International
- Highly Commended: Emperor Lounge at Auckland International
About Priority Pass
Launched in 1992, Priority Pass provides frequent travelers with airport lounge access irrespective of their class of travel or airline. Recognised as a premium brand with 850+ airport lounges in its program, Priority Pass drives customer acquisition, improves retention and creates brand differentiation for blue-chip corporates and clients. It offers innovative technology including smartphone apps and Digital Membership Cards which deliver ideal customer experience and robust client accountability.
Priority Pass, with its recent brand refresh, is a flagship product of the Collinson Group, a global leader in shaping and influencing customer behaviour to drive revenue and value for its clients. The Group offers a unique blend of industry and sector specialists who together provide market-leading experience in delivering products and services across four core capabilities: Lifestyle Benefits, Loyalty, Insurance, and Assistance. The Collinson Group has more than 25 years' experience, with 28 global locations, servicing over 800 clients in 150 countries, employing over 1,800 staff, managing over 20 million end customers.
For more details please visit prioritypass.com
SOURCE Priority Pass