As an extension of its 'Make a Plan' program, Labatt will provide party-goers with a safe ride
VANCOUVER, Feb. 9 /CNW/ - Labatt will provide pedi-cab service in the downtown core of Vancouver from February 12 - 28. The Labatt pedi-cabs will be found outside the Commodore Ballroom on the evenings of the Club Bud parties (February 19, 20, 25, 26 and 27) and will be based at various sites in Vancouver's entertainment district on all other dates. Pedi-cabs will be available 24 hours a day, to anyone wanting a ride, and free of charge between 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
"For more than two decades, Labatt has been an industry leader in the area of responsible drinking," says Stephanie Tan, Manager of Corporate Affairs, Labatt Breweries of Canada. "Vancouver will host many exciting events in February. We want to help ensure that event attendees travel around the city safely."
Labatt's Make a Plan program was designed to help people address the changing circumstances that can unintentionally lead to drinking and driving. February 2010 will be an exceptionally busy time on the city's streets. With this in mind, in addition to providing free pedi-cabs, Labatt has compiled the following tips to help party-goers in Vancouver be safe:
1. Appoint a designated driver (DD) before heading out for the night.
DD's come in many forms:
- Labatt pedi-cabs
- Taxis - program a taxi phone number in your phone
- Public transportation - know times and routes of public transit in
2. Have a plan to get home safe:
- Keep emergency cab money on you at all times
- Partner up with a buddy and check on each other throughout the
- Know your surroundings at all times and keep track of where you
3. If you are hosting a party:
- Invite guests to stay overnight ahead of time
- Always serve food. Include lots of protein and serve it later in
- Have sufficient non-alcoholic beverages for your guests
For links to local transit routes, taxi phone numbers and more tips from the Make a Plan program visit www.makeaplan.ca.
SOURCE Labatt Breweries of Canada
For further information: For further information: or for an interview request, contact: Stephanie Tan, email@example.com, T (604) 642-0808, C (604) 418-9787; Catherine Pringle, firstname.lastname@example.org, T (416) 361-5247, C (416) 843-2005; Sunny McKechnie, email@example.com, T (604) 623-3007, C (778) 239-3400