OTTAWA, June 10 /CNW Telbec/ - Keith Walker, Director of Library Services at Medicine Hat College, began his one-year term as President of the Canadian Library Association at the 2010 CLA National Conference and Trade show in Edmonton, Alberta on June 5.
Keith brings a wealth of knowledge and experience vital to his new role as CLA President. He has been very active in the library community and CLA during his twenty-five years in college librarianship in many capacities including:
- member of the CACUL Executive twice (1994-96; 2006-2008)
- chair of the Canadian Technical and College Libraries section for two
4-year terms (1994-1998; 2006-2010)
- member of other CLA committees
- chair of The Alberta Library for three terms (2006-2009)
- treasurer of The Alberta Library (2003-2004)
- chair and committee member, Knowledge Network of The Alberta Library
- chair, treasurer, and director-at-large of the Alberta Association of
College Librarians (1990-2007)
- chair and member, Southern Alberta Information Network (1998-2010)
- active member of numerous community groups and service clubs
Keith has also been the recipient of the following awards:
- CTCL Outstanding College Librarian 2003
- CTCL Innovation Award for the Knowledge Network 2004
- Industry Canada Award for TAL Online 2003
Keith Walker has two sons and (soon!) one grandson. He loves to swim and run. He enjoys travel, especially to Australia (where he did a job exchange at a university library), reading, movies, friends, and dogs.
The Canadian Library Association is Canada's largest national and broad-based library association, representing the interests of public, academic, school and special libraries, professional librarians, library workers, and library trustees and all those concerned about enhancing the quality of life of Canadians through information and literacy. Comprehensive information about CLA and its programs and services is available on the CLA web site: www.cla.ca.
SOURCE Canadian Library Association (CLA)
For further information: For further information: Media Contact: Judy Green, (613) 232-9625 ext 322 or firstname.lastname@example.org