New interactive guide reveals trending destinations, when to book to get the best deals
STAMFORD, Conn., Feb. 2, 2015 KAYAK, the world's leading travel search engine, today announced the launch of the first-ever KAYAK 2015 Travel Hacker Guide. The Travel Hacker Guide is an interactive resource full of data-driven insights and 'hacks' to help people travel smarter in 2015. The Travel Hacker Guide was curated by a team of data scientists and travel experts at KAYAK who analyzed the site's more than one billion annual searches from the USA and Canada to identify insights on where to go, when to book and when to go, to make travel planning easier.
The Travel Hacker Guide features four curated top-10 lists: Top 10 Most Popular destinations, Top 10 Trending destinations, Top 10 Deal destinations and Top 10 Trending Beach destinations. For each destination the guide offers median airfare costs, top hotels and a 'Hacker Tip' while the Global section provides regional insights on the best times to book your flight along with the cheapest days to depart and return.
Canadian Destinations Featured in the 2015 Travel Hacker Guide:
- Toronto #6 Trending Destination (16% increase in flight searches year-over-year); #8 Deal Destination (7% decrease in average airfare year-over-year)
- The Shangri-La Hotel Toronto was both the Top Trending and Deal hotel in Toronto -- showing both the greatest year-over-year increase in interest and decrease in price.
- Montreal #10 Trending Destination (14% increase in flight searches year-over-year)
- Hotel Ruby Foo's was the #1 trending hotel in Montreal
- Vancouver #4 Deal Destination (10% decrease in average airfare year-over-year)
Highlights from the 2015 KAYAK TRAVEL HACKER GUIDE:
- Top 10 Trending Destinations (flight destinations with the greatest year-over-year increase in search activity in the U.S. and Canada):
- Milan, Italy
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Portland, OR
- Hyderabad, India
- Athens, Greece
- Toronto, Canada
- Savannah, GA
- Nashville, TN
- Hartford, CT
- Montreal, Canada
- Top 10 Trending Hotels within the top Trending Destinations (hotels with the greatest year-over-year increase in search activity within the top 10 Trending Destinations):
- NH Milano Grand Hotel Verdi, Milan, Italy
- Miramar Hotel by Windsor, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- The Benson Hotel, Portland, OR
- The Park Hyderabad, Hyderabad, India
- Royal Olympic Hotel, Athens, Greece
- Shangri-La Hotel Toronto, Toronto, Canada
- Dresser Palmer House, Savannah, GA
- Omni Nashville Hotel, Nashville, TN
- Avon Old Farms Hotel, Hartford, CT
- Hotel Ruby Foo's, Montreal, Canada
- When to book guidelines:
- For visits to the Caribbean, book just two to four weeks prior to departure date. Depart on a Thursday, return on a Tuesday.
- For trips to Europe, book six months out; it's also best to leave on a Wednesday, and return on a Tuesday.
- For travel within North America, book four to six weeks prior to departure date. Try to leave on a Friday and return on a Monday.
"We are committed to making travel planning better by giving people more information before they book," said David Solomito, North America brand director for KAYAK. "We've made the data featured in the KAYAK 2015 Travel Hacker Guide highly visual and easy to reference, which we know is ideal for travelers who are hungry for hacks to make trip planning as simple as possible."
Visit KAYAK to plan and manage your next trip and visit the Travel Hacker Guide press kit for more details and methodology.
KAYAK is the world's leading travel search engine and is available in more than 30 countries. The company's websites and mobile apps allow people to easily search hundreds of travel sites at once for flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages.
Jennifer Marquez / Renatta Siewert
Jennifer.Marquez@text100.com / Renatta.Siewert@text100.com
(212) 331-8446 / (212) 331-8402