TORONTO, Sept. 29, 2015 /CNW/ - The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (CARAS) announced today that submissions for the 2016 JUNO Awards will open on Thursday, October 1. Apply online at www.junosubmissions.ca JUNO Week will be held in Calgary, Alberta, March 28 – April 3, 2016.
Important Dates to Remember:
- October 23, 2015, 5:00 pm (ET): Early-bird deadline to receive discounted submission rates
- November 13, 2015, 5:00 pm (ET): Final submission deadline
- January 6, 2016, 5:00 pm (ET): Final submission deadline for International Album of the Year and Album of the Year (sponsored by Music Canada)
Eligibility for the 2016 JUNO Awards applies to music released for national sale between September 1, 2014 and November 13, 2015. For a complete list of JUNO Awards categories, eligibility rules, and voting criteria go to www.junoawards.ca/submissions. Note: Save up to 40% on submissions by signing up as a CARAS Academy Delegate. Join at www.junoawards.ca/join
Along with the announcement of submission dates and deadlines, CARAS has also introduced the following changes this year:
- Streaming data will be added as an additional component in determining the nominees in the sales based categories. The streaming data will be provided by Nielsen Media Research Ltd.
- A project that is 20 minutes or has 6 unique songs will now be considered a full album. "Unique" meaning no remixes, acoustic, added accompaniment etc.
Roots & Traditional
- Roots & Traditional Album of the Year: Solo and Roots & Traditional Album of the Year: Group categories have been changed to Contemporary Roots Album of the Year and Traditional Roots Album of the Year. This update will ensure two genres of music are not competing against each other in the same category.
JUNO Fan Choice presented by TD
- The nominees for JUNO Fan Choice will now be determined by equal weight of single sales, streams and Next Big Sound data, rather than album sales and Next Big Sound.
To view the full press release, visit: www.junoawards.ca
SOURCE JUNO Awards
For further information: For more information on CARAS and the JUNO Awards, contact: Adrienne Kakoullis, Holmes PR, (416) 628-5610, email@example.com