Read freely from over 750,000 books—available on Kindle devices, as well as free Kindle reading apps for iOS, Android and more
Enjoy best sellers including the Harry Potter series, the Hunger Games trilogy, Capital in the Twenty-First Century, Interpreter of Maladies, The Giver, The Finisher and Wonder Boys
Free 30-day Kindle Unlimited trial available now to eligible customers
SEATTLE, Feb. 12, 2015 /CNW/ - Amazon.ca today introduced Kindle Unlimited—a new subscription service which allows customers to freely read as much as they want from over 750,000 Kindle books, all for only CDN$9.99 a month. Finding a great book is easy, and there are never any due dates—just look for the Kindle Unlimited logo on eligible titles and click "Read for Free." Customers can choose from best sellers like the Harry Potter series, the Hunger Games trilogy, Capital in the Twenty-First Century, Interpreter of Maladies, Flash Boys, The Giver and Wonder Boys. Kindle Unlimited is available starting today and is accessible from Kindle devices or with Amazon's free Kindle reading apps. Customers can learn more about our 30-day free trial at www.amazon.ca/kindleunlimited.
"We are thrilled to introduce Kindle Unlimited to Canadian customers and give book lovers unlimited access to hundreds of thousands of titles," said Russ Grandinetti, Senior Vice President, Kindle. "With Kindle Unlimited, our customers are spending more time reading and have the freedom to explore new authors, series and genres."
Kindle Unlimited features include:
- Unlimited reading: Access over 750,000 books including best sellers like the Harry Potter series, The Hunger Games trilogy, Interpreter of Maladies, The Giver, Wonder Boys, The Finisher, Flash Boys, Business Adventures: Twelve Classic Tales from the World of Wall Street, plus thousands of classics such as Slaughterhouse-Five and The Good Earth, as well as books featuring much loved children's characters such as those from Sesame Street and Diary of a Wimpy Kid, and useful reference titles including books from the For Dummies series and What to Expect When You're Expecting.
- Kindle exclusives: Choose from hundreds of thousands of books only found on Kindle, including The Magpies by Mark Edwards, The Hangman's Daughter series by Oliver Pötzsch, War Brides by Helen Bryan, A Day at the Office by Matt Dunn and Cry Baby by David Jackson.
- French language: Explore over 15,000 French language titles including C'est dans la boîte by Frédéric Ernotte and Thomas Passe-Mondes, Tome 1: Dardéa by Eric Tasset.
- Short Reads: For a quick escape, select from thousands of books that are 100 pages or less, including Kindle Singles from Stephen King, Andy Borowitz, and Nelson DeMille, and short fiction from Amazon Publishing's StoryFront imprint.
- Popular Kindle features: Enjoy all the great Kindle features customers love such as Whispersync, Word Wise, Vocabulary Builder, Popular Highlights, X-Ray, and customer reviews.
- Read everywhere: Access across Kindle devices and free Kindle reading apps for iPhone, iPad, Android tablets and phones, Windows Phone, PC, Mac and Windows 8—so you always have your library with you and never lose your place.
For more details on Kindle Unlimited, visit www.amazon.ca/kindleunlimited.
Amazon.com opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995. The company is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire phone, Fire tablets, and Fire TV are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon.
For further information: Andrew Gouveia, Sonic Boom, firstname.lastname@example.org, 416-848-1385