TORONTO, Oct. 17, 2016 /CNW/ - On Wednesday, Oct. 19, 2016, Expedia.ca will unveil the national findings of its
14th annual "Vacation Deprivation" survey, which follows the trend of Canadians not taking all of their earned vacation time. The survey, conducted by Northstar Research Partners, reveals the gap between the number of vacation days Canadians receive from employers and how many they actually use and provides a comprehensive look at Canadians' attitudes towards vacation time.
New this year, the survey will also delve into a variety of other trends, including how Millennials are using (or not using!) their vacation time compared to older generations, how technology and social media fit into Canadians' vacation planning and experiences, and more.
Lauren Reimer, Managing Director and General Manager, Expedia Canada and Beverly Beuermann-King, Canadian work-life balance expert are available for media interviews beginning on October 19, 2016, to provide insight on the following topics:
2016 Vacation Deprivation Survey Results
- How many vacation days are Canadians receiving from employers and how many do they plan on using this year?
- Unused vacation days can be compared to returned wages to employers – what does that look like based on this year's numbers?
- Do Canadians feel they are getting enough vacation time?
- Historical look at vacation time usage and progress to-date
- What are the barriers Canadians face in taking time off?
Technology & Social Media on Vacation
- How Canadians are using technology during their planning and travel experiences
- How important is social media for Canadians while on vacation? And what are we using it for?
Canadian Vacation Preferences & Generational Comparisons
- What motivates Canadians to travel?
- Where Canadians are travelling to most and why
- Are Millennials using their vacation time differently than older generations?
Vacation Deprivation Across the Country & the Globe
- Regional differences in vacation habits among Canadians
- Where does Canada rank compared to other vacation-deprived countries?
- How to maximize work/life balance to make the most of your earned time off
For further information: or to arrange an interview, please contact: Charlene Magnaye, Veritas Communications, email@example.com, 416-955-4573; Sarah Nazzarro, Veritas Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org, 416-955-4574