TORONTO, May 25, 2016 /CNW/ - Intact Financial Corporation (TSX:IFC) today announced that its 2015 Public Accountability Statement is now available online on www.intactfc.com.
The Public Accountability Statement outlines the company's contribution to the Canadian economy and society.
Highlights of this year's report include:
- Intact strengthened its partnership with the University of Waterloo with the creation of the Intact Centre on Climate Adaptation™ (ICCA). The ICCA is working to develop a leadership position in fostering solutions that will reduce the physical, financial and social impacts of extreme weather.
- The Intact Foundation announced a $300,000 commitment to the Roméo Dallaire Child Soldiers Initiative to create the Intact/Dallaire Initiative Senior Fellowship position. The position will provide ground-breaking research, advocacy and security-sector training to bring an end to the use of children as weapons of war worldwide.
- Intact established a LGBTQ and allies network of professionals across the business - to serve as a resource for colleagues who identify as LGBTQ and allies. The network hosts various events and educational opportunities from coast to coast.
In addition, Intact Financial Corporation is proud to be recognized for its industry-best practices, including:
- One of Canada's governance leaders. The Globe and Mail ranked Intact fifth overall, in its 14th annual rating of corporate boards in Canada. Intact scored 97 out of a possible 100 points, an increase over our score of 94 in 2014.
- One of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2016, awarded by Mediacorp Canada Inc.
- One of Aon's Best Employers at the platinum level for 2016.
More details of the company's corporate social responsibility activities are available in the 2015 Public Accountability Statement.
About the Intact Foundation
Since 2004, the Intact Foundation has contributed over $26 million in charitable funding to over 1,300 organizations nationally. The Intact Foundation, governed by employees of Intact Financial Corporation, Intact Insurance, and belairdirect, focuses its resources in two arenas – climate change adaptation and supporting at-risk youth.
About Intact Financial Corporation
Intact Financial Corporation (TSX: IFC) is the largest provider of property and casualty insurance in Canada with close to $8.0 billion in premiums. Supported by over 12,000 employees, the Company insures more than five million individuals and businesses through its insurance subsidiaries and is the largest private sector provider of P&C insurance in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, Québec, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland & Labrador. The Company distributes insurance under the Intact Insurance brand through a wide network of brokers, including its wholly owned subsidiary, BrokerLink, and directly to consumers through belairdirect.
SOURCE Intact Financial Corporation
For further information: Media Inquiries: Stephanie Sorensen, Director, External Communications, 1 (416) 344-8027, firstname.lastname@example.org; Investor Inquiries: Samantha Cheung, Vice President, Investor Relations, 1 (416) 344-8004, email@example.com