Award-Winning Toy Company Reveals Robots, Augmented Reality, Licenses and More at International Toy Fair 2016
NEW YORK, Feb. 12, 2016 /CNW/ - Spin Master Corp., ("Spin Master") (TSX: TOY) – a leading global children's entertainment company – will unveil its most exciting portfolio of toys, games and entertainment properties to date as part of the North American International Toy Fair, held in New York from February 13 to 16, 2016.
"Spin Master is transforming the business of play," said Ben Gadbois, Global President and COO, Spin Master Ltd. "Building on 2015, we are thrilled to dive into 2016 with innovations that are bigger and better than ever."
Spin Master's reach and influence on the toy industry is expanding as it develops and invests in brands with truly global reach and platforms. Meccano has been a strong presence, particularly in Europe, for more than a century, while PAW Patrol has become the leading preschool property globally.
The company is nominated in five categories for the Toy Industry Association's prestigious Toy of the Year Awards, including its 14th nomination for Innovative Toy of the Year. In January 2016, the company reached new heights at the Consumer Electronics Show, where it premiered its first foray into augmented reality with Air Hogs Connect: Mission Drone, alongside the latest incarnation of its award winning Meccanoid Personal Robot.
Imaginative play extends well beyond robotics for Spin Master, as the company launches a variety of new products to help kids train their brains, unleash their imagination and creativity in the activities and games categories, as well as a strong lineup of must-have licensed products from many of this year's most highly-anticipated properties.
Toys That Teach
Kids want toys and games that challenge them and provide new play patterns, while parents look for ways to encourage their children to take an interest in STEM subjects.
When Spin Master acquired the iconic Meccano brand, the company saw the opportunity to bridge Meccano's maker-tradition with robotics to inspire the next generation of engineers and inventors. Now, boys and girls can build and program their own robots.
- The latest Meccano Personal Robot, Meccanoid 2.0, has twice the memory, more robot intelligence, faster voice recognition, fun interactive features and additional programming capability. Meccanoid 2.0 stands two feet tall. Age: 10+, MSRP $139.99 USD and Meccanoid XL 2.0 stands four feet tall. Age: 10+, MSRP $299.99 USD
- With the launch of the Micronoids, kids learn real world robotics skills on a small scale. Micronoids can be programmed to dance, sing, navigate obstacle courses and interact with each other – a fun way to bring STEM subjects to life through play. Age: 8+, MSRP $39.99 USD each
- Meccano Meccasaur is an interactive, fully-programmable robotic dinosaur that may look fierce, but it's really a kid's best friend: it has a security mode to help guard their things after they build and program it. Age: 8+, MSRP $99.99 USD
The trend toward training the brain has always been popular in the games category, where smart thinking is rewarded. Hedbanz Electronic, the latest addition to Spin Master's growing games category, is no exception.
- It's the fast-paced, team-based electronic version of Hedbanz, the quick game of "What Am I?" Players pick a partner, put on a headband and grab a card. The Game Unit's "Electronic Host" determines which game mode they'll play that round: Ask It, Do It, or Describe It. The Host also directs the game, tracks time and keeps score. Hedbanz Electronic is an ever-changing, exciting family game experience. Age: 7+, MSRP $19.99 USD
Best in Technology
For more than two decades, Spin Master has made strategic investments in talent and its global R&D network to lead the toy industry in developing innovative technology and unexpected new products.
According to Gadbois, this is an area of increased focus for Spin Master. "We are proud to be evolving the play patterns that come about with new technologies. Spin Master is now incorporating robotics, augmented reality and artificial intelligence into our toys and games at an unprecedented level."
- Hatchimals are quite possibly one of the most innovative and exciting new toys to be launched at Toy Fair 2016. The Hatchimal's world can only be revealed by its child owner, creating a magical and enthralling experience that builds a sense of wonder and anticipation. Age: 5+, MSRP $59.99 USD
- Zoomer Chimp, is the latest interactive toy from the award winning Zoomer brand. Full of wild, this cheeky Chimp follows and reacts to movements, responds to voice commands with a variety of tricks and sounds, runs on four legs and stands up, balancing on two. Zoomer Chimp's fully animated face truly brings him to life, while his eyes change color to show his feelings. Age: 5+, MSRP $119.99 USD
- Air Hogs has been synonymous with bringing innovation to remote control (RC) vehicles for more than 15 years. Air Hogs Connect: Mission Drone is the next generation of RC flying; more than a cool quad, a state of the art app or an augmented reality experience, it's the perfect confluence of these three technologies. Users fly the real Air Hogs quad copter (included) into the Mission Drone AR universe using a phone or tablet to create the ultimate physical and digital gaming experience. Age: 10+, MSRP $149.99 USD
- With the Air Hogs Helix Sentinel Drone, kids no longer have to wonder what it's like to fly. Live video streaming to a smart device allows users to see exactly what the drone sees and record video to the 4GB memory card (included). Users can strap on the Air Hogs goggles for an immersive first person view. Height lock sensors automatically maintain altitude, while avoidance sensors quickly steer the drone away from incoming obstacles and focus on exploring. Age: 12+, MSRP $199.99 USD
Heroes and Inspiration for a New Generation
When children have toys that help them understand that they can be heroes in everyday life, they learn how to interact with others and aspire to new challenges and goals.
PAW Patrol is a shining example and it continues to be the #1 property with preschoolers, who have enthusiastically embraced the pups' motto that no job is too big, no pup too small.
- PAW Patrol Zoomer Marshall is powered by Spin Master's Zoomer robotics technology. Kids can press Marshall's head to trigger 25 real Marshall sounds and press his badge to be sent on 20 different missions. His transforming backpack is spring-loaded with water cannon launchers, while two motors in his front paws help him zoom into his next mission.
Age: 3+, MSRP $69.99 USD
Imaginative play extends to exciting role-play toys, such as the Spy Gear line, the new Brightlings dolls as well as Spin Master's licensed toys for The Secret Life of Pets and The Powerpuff Girls.
- Brightlings are engaging, interactive dolls that celebrate joy, silliness and humor. Brightlings can say up to 100 phrases, activated by the way they are held; repeat back what kids say to them in an altered tone that sounds wacky and fun, as well as making music in four different styles. Age 4+, MSRP $29.99 USD
- The latest Spy Gear technology is the Spy Go Action Cam, a portable video camera that clips anywhere. From recording secret footage to shooting cool stunts, this camera is perfect for any mission. Age: 6+, MSRP $39.99 USD
- Spin Master's The Secret Life of Pets line includes traditional plush and figurines along with interactive and motorized toys that bring the pets to life in unexpected ways.
- The Best Friend Max Talking Plush features a detachable leash, lifelike walking action and 20 different sounds and phrases from the movie. Whether on or off his leash, Max loves to talk and play. Age 4+, MSRP $44.99 USD
- See the characters from The Secret Life of Pets come to life with Walking Talking Pets. Collect Max, Gidget, Snowball and Mel for different phrases and unique action moves. Age 4+, MSRP $12.99 USD
- Kids can save the world before bedtime with The Powerpuff Girls Deluxe Flip to Action Playset. It magically transforms from The Powerpuff Girls' bedroom to their superhero lab; the play set comes with 2" Bubbles and Professor Utonium. Age: 5+, MSRP $29.99 USD
Play with Design
A new generation of activities products are allowing children to discover a greater sense of creative freedom. Spin Master pays close attention to design at every step in the process and the company is taking this to the next level by encouraging kids themselves to be designers and creators at age and skill-appropriate levels.
Popular products like Kinetic Sand, Bunchems and the Cool Maker line allow kids to be a part of the maker movement in a way that's creative, satisfying and completely kid-friendly.
- The new Kinetic Foam compound dries so kids can shape, create and keep their creations forever. Age: 6+, MSRP $6.99 USD (single pack)
- Bunchems Alive Pack lets kids make Bunchems creations that bounce, shake and wiggle. The pack includes: 300 Bunchems, 13 bouncing accessories, 1 bouncing ball. Age: 4+, MSRP $24.99 USD
- Pottery Cool turns traditional pottery making upside down and reintroduces a traditional craft in a modern context. Clay Cool Studio Pottery made easier and less messy. Age: 8+, MSRP $39.99 USD
Licensing continues to be a significant component of traditional toys and games. Spin Master is the Master Toy Licensee for two of the most anticipated movie properties of 2016 – Angry Birds andThe Secret Life of Pets, as well as licensing Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justiceand Star TrekTM products.
- The Air Hogs Star Trek Enterprise drone allows users to patrol the neutral zone with the iconic NCC-1701A model. It features an integrated light system, authentic sounds, advanced drone technology and a 50th anniversary collector's display stand. Age: 10+, MSRP $129.99 USD
- Bring The Angry Birds Movie and games to life with the Angry Birds Attack on Pig Island Playsets. Users create a teetering tower of boxes, buildings, rocks, ladders and Pigs, and then smash them to the ground! Each playset comes with two pigs, a slingshot, multiple play pieces and of course an Angry Bird. Age: 4+, MSRP $14.99 USD
Media and influencers are invited to visit Spin Master at the North American International Toy Fair 2016, Booth #739.
About Spin Master Corp.
Spin Master (TSX:TOY) is a leading global children's entertainment company that creates, designs, manufactures and markets a diversified portfolio of innovative toys, games, products and entertainment properties. Spin Master is best known for award-winning brands including Bakugan, Air Hogs®, Spin Master Games™ and the 2015 Toy of the Year, Zoomer™ Dino. Since 2005, Spin Master has received 63 TIA Toy of The Year (TOTY) nominations with 14 wins across a variety of product categories. Spin Master has been recognized with 12 TOTY nominations for Innovative Toy of the Year, more than any of its competitors. Spin Master is among a limited number of companies that not only develop and produce global entertainment properties, characters and content, but also monetize that content through the creation, sale and licensing of products. To date, Spin Master has produced five television series, including 2007 hit series Bakugan Battle Brawlers™ and its current hit PAW Patrol, which is broadcast in over 160 countries and territories globally. Spin Master employs over 950 people globally with offices in Canada, United States, France, Italy, United Kingdom, Slovakia, Germany, Holland, Mexico, China, Hong Kong and Japan.
SOURCE Spin Master
For further information: Tara Tucker, Vice President, Global Marketing Communications, Spin Master Ltd., email@example.com