Innergex completes the acquisition of three wind projects in France

LONGUEUIL, QC, May 24, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - Innergex Renewable Energy Inc. (TSX: INE) ("Innergex") today completed the previously announced acquisition of three wind projects in France with a total aggregate installed capacity of 119.5 MW from Velocita Energy Developments (France) Limited (an affiliate of Riverstone Holdings LLC). Innergex owns a 69.55% interest in the wind farms and Desjardins Group Pension Plan owns the remaining 30.45%.

About Desjardins Group Pension Plan
The mission of the Desjardins Group Pension Plan, acting through its Retirement Committee, is to provide a defined benefit pension plan to more than 50,000 beneficiaries. With $11.4 billion in net assets under management, it ranks among the top 10 private pension plans in Canada.

About Innergex Renewable Energy Inc.
The Corporation develops, owns and operates run-of-river hydroelectric facilities, wind farms and solar photovoltaic farms and carries out its operations in Quebec, Ontario and British Columbia, Canada, France and Idaho (USA). Its portfolio of assets currently consists of: (i) interests in 48 operating facilities with an aggregate net installed capacity of 994 MW (gross 1,658 MW), including 30 hydroelectric facilities, 17 wind farms and one solar farm; (ii) interests in four projects under construction with a net installed capacity of 100 MW (gross 145 MW), for which power purchase agreements have been secured; and (iii) prospective projects with an aggregate net capacity totalling 3,560 MW (gross 3,940 MW). Innergex Renewable Energy Inc. is rated BBB- by S&P.

The Corporation's strategy for building shareholder value is to develop or acquire high-quality facilities that generate sustainable cash flows and provide an attractive risk-adjusted return on invested capital and to distribute a stable dividend.

innergex.com

 

SOURCE Innergex Renewable Energy Inc.

For further information: Karine Vachon, Director - Communications, 450 928-2550, ext. 1222, kvachon@innergex.com

RELATED LINKS
www.innergex.com

Custom Packages

Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.

Start today.

CNW Membership

Fill out a CNW membership form or contact us at 1 (877) 269-7890

Learn about CNW services

Request more information about CNW products and services or call us at 1 (877) 269-7890