Competition seeking applications from start-ups shaking up evolving retail industry
TORONTO, Jan. 18, 2017 /CNW/ - Dx3 Canada is recruiting Canadian start-ups for its inaugural Retail Innovation Challenge. Launched in partnership with a slate of major retail industry players, the competition aims to find the best new companies working to improve the retail merchant and retail technology sectors. Entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to present their innovative retail-related idea to win a temporary spot in an Oxford Shopping Centre.
As technology evolves and reshapes daily interactions in all aspects of day-to-day life, this competition aims to demonstrate how the retail space can -- and will -- progress in the coming years. Created by Dx3, Oxford Properties Group, Retail Prophet, and the Retail Council of Canada, this competition gives winning applicants the chance to:
- Demonstrate their concept in Yorkdale Shopping Centre or another Oxford Properties Shopping Centre
- Pitch to the Retail Council of Canada's Board of Directors
- Have their product or service featured in Canadian Retailer Magazine
- Participate at Store 2017
- Participate as an exhibitor at Dx3 2017 – Canada's largest and leading digital marketing, advertising and retail event
- Garner media coverage
Now in its sixth year, Dx3 2017 is slated to be the conference's most interactive year yet. The wide range of exhibits – from new forms of payment technology to the latest applications of virtual reality – have been designed to emulate how new technology can evolve the future of retail.
With sample stores and interactive research exhibits, attendees can expect to see how some of the world's leading companies are using technology to redefine the future of marketing & retail. Some of these experiences include:
- Innovative business applications of virtual and mixed reality
- The latest alternative payment methods at the storefront
- Real-time consumer feedback systems
- Eye-tracking software to measure buying behaviour
- In-store technology installments to improve product discovery
To learn more about the Retail Innovation Challenge's guidelines and application process, please visit: http://dx3canada.com/canadian-retail-innovation-challenge/
About Dx3 Canada
Dx3 is Canada's largest conference and trade show focused on digital marketing, advertising and retail. It brings agencies, brands, publishers and retailers together for two days of networking and education.
Dx3 2017 is taking place March 8-9, 2017 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, featuring more than 40 educational sessions, 100 exhibitors and 4,000 attendees from Canada's leading retailers, brands, agencies and technology companies.
SOURCE Dx3 Canada
For further information: Media Contact: Madeleine Stoesser, Herscu & Goldsilver, email@example.com