Asia is the Preferred Choice for Medical Tourists (Six Hospitals in the List of Top 10 are in Asia)
BANGALORE, India, Feb. 2 /CNW/ - The Bangkok based Medical Travel Quality Alliance (MTQUA), which promotes standards and practices for medical travelers, has recognized Fortis Hospitals, Bangalore (formerly Wockhardt Hospitals) as the worldwide favorite destination for American medical tourists. The hospital was ranked No. 1 in the list of the world's 10 best hospitals for medical tourists in a press conference held in Bangkok.
"Medical Tourism is more than getting good medical care abroad," said MTQUA founder Julie Munro who has spent many years in the medical travel industry. "Safety and security, international patient operations and protocols, transparency and professional patient facilitation are a key to achieving an excellent medical outcome for International patients, which is more important than just the cost of care."
MTQUA released the ranking based on an exhaustive study across patients, hospitals and healthcare travel agencies and all the 10 selected Hospitals provide medical treatment and care of the highest quality with the most advanced technology. All hospitals have also developed outstanding local and regional reputations.
According to MTQUA, the top five hospitals are: Fortis Hospitals, Bangalore (formerly Wockhardt Hospital); Gleneagles Hospital, Singapore; Prince Court Medical Centre, Kuala Lumpur; Shouldice Hospital, Toronto and Shoen-Kliniken, Munich.
"It gives us great pride to put India in the top slot as the world's leading destination for International patients" said Mr. Vishal Bali, CEO, Fortis Hospitals Group, India. "By providing a strong foundation of quality, along with affordability, in all our patient care processes we have delivered to both our domestic and International patients exceptional value" he said.
MTQUA recognized Fortis Hospitals, Bangalore (formerly Wockhardt Hospitals) as the No. 1 on its list of Top 10 World's Best Hospitals for Medical Tourists on the following criteria:
1. Medical Quality - The hospital is an excellent surgery option for medical travelers seeking joint replacement, particularly hip resurfacing and replacement. It's also strong in cardiac surgery and neurosurgery. The hospital is internationally accredited by JCI.
2. International Patient Management - Fortis Hospitals has been sensitive to the needs of patients and families for their cultural, language, and religious requirements, their medical needs and emotional support. As the majority of its international caseload is either life-saving or life enhancing procedures, their honesty and integrity provides outstanding case management and better patient understanding.
3. International Patient Marketing - The Hospital actively supports web-based social networks, including Youtube, Facebook, and Twitter. It has its own blog. The hospital has a dedicated team of men and women available 24/7 with access to treating physicians who can respond to qualified patient inquiries.
4. Value For Services - India's hospitals are positioned to provide value for services and will continue to do so because the number of hospitals in India seeking the American or international patient market nurtures a competitive cost structure.
5. Patient Safety And Security - The Hospital wraps the traveling patient from America in a security blanket. From the initial hospital response, Fortis assigns dedicated staff representatives to the patient throughout their hospital stay and a treating physician who directly discusses procedures and outcomes before the patient leaves their home country. Communication with the patient's family physician is encouraged. Patients may stay in the hospital for their full recovery period to avoid moving to a hotel.
6. Transparency - Every effort is extended to ensure transparency of care, from cost to outcomes data. Patients receive a portfolio of their medical file and surgery documents including CT scans, MRI and X-rays, and operative notes to take back to their home country.
7. Attention To The Unique Needs Of The Medical Traveler - According to reports, more than 50% of Hospital's international patients are Americans. It offers prompt scheduling of pre-surgery preparation. It provides exemplary follow up care and services to monitor American medical travelers once they return home.
MTQUA's top 10 list of the World's best hospitals has 6 hospitals out of Asia, 2 from Europe and 2 from North America.
About Fortis Hospitals (formerly Wockhardt Hospitals)
Wockhardt Hospitals Bangalore, Mumbai and Kolkata which are now christened as Fortis Hospitals are part of the 40 hospital chain of Fortis Healthcare. This Fortis Hospitals network consists of 11 hospitals focusing on the high end tertiary care around the specialties of cardiac care - adult and pediatric cardiology and cardiac surgery, complex brain & spine surgeries, orthopedics and joint replacement surgery and minimal access surgery. The entity consists of 2 JCI accredited hospitals located in Bangalore and Mulund. Wockhardt Hospitals Bangalore - now a network hospital of Fortis is a 400 bedded Multi specialty hospital with state of the art facility equipped with latest technology and truly World class Clinical Talent dedicated to the whole range of Cardiac, Orthopedic, Neurosciences, Minimal Access Surgery and Women & Child Services.
About Medical Travel and Health Tourism Quality Alliance (MTQUA):
MTQUA (mtqua.org) promotes standards and practices, and provides training and workshops in all aspects of medical travelers' continuum of care. MTQUA's advisory panel includes Harvard and Johns Hopkins affiliated hospitals and established health care travel agencies.
The MTQUA Seal of Quality identifies medical travel facilitators, advisors, and support services that have put or are putting processes in place that prioritize medical quality and safety outcomes for the traveling patient. This seal of quality is issued annually, and is available to any facilitator, agent or other support and service company worldwide that has demonstrated a standard of professional and caring service and support to the medical traveler. This seal assures medical tourists their medical care, safety and quality outcome always comes first.
SOURCE FORTIS HOSPITALS LTD.
For further information: For further information: Priyam Bortamuli, PR & Communication, Fortis Hospitals, Mobile: +91(0)984555-8559, Email: email@example.com