KITCHENER, ON, Aug. 18, 2016 /CNW/ - IMPCO Technologies, Inc. (IMPCO), a global leader in the alternative fuel industry and a division of Westport Fuel Systems Inc., has released a new line of Model TV-400-series 1-1/8" threaded boss Ultralow Profile Internal Solenoid Tank Valves now available globally.
IMPCO's (ultralow profile) GFI in-tank solenoid technology not only provides impact protection for high pressure gas applications, it protects against environmental conditions such as thermal shock, water intrusion and corrosion. All connections are radial to the tank neck to minimize space requirements and maximize onboard fuel storage and are compatible with cylinder types (1, 2, 3 and 4) from steel to full composite. Other features include:
- Lightweight forged aluminum body allowing industry leading 22mm profile (31mm for the vented model) and a low profile to optimize tank packages
- An integrated solenoid lock-off located inside the cylinder to provide impact protection
- High flow temperature activated pressure relief device (T-PRD) installed recessed into the valve body and available in Cadmium free eutectic and glass bulb technology
- Optional bust disk mounted parallel with T-PRD to allow for only one pipe way
- Integrated electrical connector
- 12V and 24V solenoid coils available
- Live port with pipe away PRD option
- Flow rate (Cubic Volume) 0.9
- Maximum working pressure: 31 MPa (4,500 psig)
- Working temperature: -40°C to 85°C (-40°F to 185°F)
- ECER-110 certified, ANSI/PRD-1-2013 Certified, NGV 3.1 pending
About IMPCO Technologies
IMPCO Technologies Inc., a division of Westport Fuel Systems Inc., develops, manufactures and markets products that enable internal combustion engines to operate on less expensive, cleaner burning fuel which promotes both energy independence and a cleaner environment. IMPCO Technologies provides turn-key solutions for mobile equipment and stationary engines, including industrial forklifts, sweepers, auxiliary power units/generators and construction equipment. IMPCO is also a world leader in Truck and Rail Idle reduction, a technology that allows Class 8 trucks and diesel locomotives to achieve significant fuel savings while improving comfort for the operators. Based in Canada, GFI is a proprietary brand owned by Westport Fuel Systems Inc. and distributed under the IMPCO name. GFI offer a comprehensive range of alternative fuel components, system-level certified kits and best in class services to provide original equipment manufacturers, country distributors and aftermarket installers a rich portfolio of solutions from concept to vehicle integration and assembly. For more information, visit impcotechnologies.com.
About Westport Fuel Systems Inc.
Westport Fuel Systems Inc. engineers, manufactures and supplies the world's most advanced alternative fuel systems and components. More than that, we are fundamentally changing the way the world travels the roads, rails and seas. Our innovative and cost-effective solutions maintain performance while improving efficiency and reducing emissions. Offering a variety of leading brands for transportation and industrial applications, we serve customers in over 70 countries, including some of the world's largest and fastest growing markets. To learn more about our business, visit westport.com.
SOURCE Westport Fuel Systems Inc.
Image with caption: "TV-400 non-vented (CNW Group/Westport Fuel Systems Inc.)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20160818_C5992_PHOTO_EN_755769.jpg
Image with caption: "TV-400 vented (CNW Group/Westport Fuel Systems Inc.)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20160818_C5992_PHOTO_EN_755771.jpg
For further information: IMPCO Product Inquiries: Tom McIver, NA Sales Manager - Components, IMPCO Technologies Canada Inc., T: +1 519-576-4351, email@example.com