VANCOUVER, April 15 /CNW/ - Let the playoffs begin! Whether you'll be cheering on the Canucks at GM Place, or taking in the excitement at a friend's house or local sports bar - make smart decisions and play it safe.
As the Canucks are lacing up and fans are busy getting to their destinations to cheer on their home team, the roads may be busier than usual but there are things we can all do to help make a safer game night for everyone. Consider carpooling, taking transit, a taxi or walking to your playoff experience. You may want to strike a deal with your friends and offer to be the designated driver for one game, if they'll do the same for the next.
Here are ICBC's top five tips to help you plan for a fun and safe Canucks' playoff experience:
If you're driving:
1) Plan ahead - since our roads may be busier, make sure you plan enough
time to get to your destination and to find parking.
2) Make smart driving decisions - slow down and keep your distance from
all road users.
3) Get home safe - if your activities are going to involve alcohol, have
a plan to get home safe - carpool, take transit, a taxi or walk to
your playoff experience. Try to strike a deal with your friends -
offer to be the designated driver and ask one of your friends to do
the same for the next game.
If you're hosting a playoff party:
1) Be prepared - provide your guests with a safe ride home by having taxi
numbers on hand.
2) Be creative - offer some fun non-alcoholic beverages for the
designated drivers, such as a Southern Sunrise, a Tropical Heat or a
smooth and creamy Kootenay Koffee mocktail treat. For these quick and
simple recipes go to icbc.com.
For further information: For further information: Media contacts: Mark Jan Vrem, (604) 982-2476