TORONTO, Feb. 22 /CNW/ - If there's one rule in Interactive, it's "The First One In, Generally Wins."
Back in February 2006, when IAB Canada launched its Emerging Platforms Council, the iPhone was but a distant glimmer in Steve Job's eye; the Wii was not; and the renaissance of Out-Of-Home had not yet begun...
Nevertheless, the Emerging Platforms Council, led by IAB Canada Board Member, Peter Vaz, Director of Digital Communications at M2Universal, quickly identified Mobile, Video Gaming and Digital Out-Of-Home as major up-and-coming Interactive advertising channels, and set out to drive 3 main initiatives through the Council:
1) Provide questions within industry-leading research studies from PMB,
NADbank and BBM/RTS that would allow these "gold standard" studies to
better track consumer usage of the new channels;
2) Develop an IAB Canada-led Revenue Survey to determine the past,
present and ongoing size of the Mobile ad market in Canada; and,
3) Take the burgeoning best practices from each channel across Canada, as
part of IAB Canada's then newly-developed Intensive One-Day Course In
Interactive Marketing + Online Advertising.
Four years later, IAB Canada's Emerging Platforms Council has achieved these goals, and this team, plus a handful of brave Advertisers who launched ad campaigns within Mobile, VideoGaming and Digital Out-Of-Home channels in order to gain "first-in" advantage, have A LOT to show FOR themselves... and TO MIXX Canada audiences on March 11, 2010.
At MIXX Canada on March 11, 2010, you'll find out:
- HOW dramatically the media usage patterns of Canadians are changing
- WHY advertising within VideoGame, Mobile and Digital Out-Of-Home
channels is poised to reach critical mass;
- WHERE Social Media is being harnessed to drive sales
Keynote presentations include:
- Game ON! (Jeffrey Dickstein, Microsoft Advertising Solution Sales
Executive - Gaming) (CAN)
- Canadian Media Usage Trends: Internet Goes From Upstart To Usurper
(Rob Young, Sr. V.P. Planning Services, PHD Canada) (CAN)
- Mobile - Emerging Platform or Mass Market? (Kamar Shah, Managing
Director, Vortex Mobile) (CAN)
- Can Social Media Drive In-Store Retail Sales? (Claire Santamaria,
Marketing Director and Yvette Bernard, Interactive Media Specialist,
Oxford Properties, Yorkdale Shopping Centre) (CAN)
- Do It Digital: How The Latest Advances In Digital Out-Of-Home Bring
Internet, Mobile and Social Media To Life (Eyal Zilnik, Director of
Business Development, Onestop Media Group)(CAN)
MIXX Canada registrants will receive a USB loaded with Keynote presentations plus important materials from MIXX Canada Sponsors, and will also receive free entry to an end-of-day Cocktail Networking Event.
MIXX Canada has sold out for 7 years in a row...
Make sure you don't miss out!
REGISTER NOW at www.mixxcanada.com
About MIXX Canada
IAB Canada's MIXX Canada Conference Series (www.mixxcanada.com), is recognized as the pre-eminent digital marketing event in Canada, and celebrates its 8th year of bringing global thought leaders and innovators within the digital arena to address VP level Advertisers, Agencies, Media Owners and other industry professionals in the Canadian marketing community.
SOURCE Interactive Advertising Bureau of Canada
For further information: For further information: about IAB Canada contact: Paula Gignac, President, IAB Canada, www.iabcanada.com at (416) 598-3400 (ext. 26)