QUEBEC CITY, March 30, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - iA Financial Group is proud to present its 2016 Social Responsibility Report, which describes the company's environmental, social and governance-related commitments and achievements.
Highlights of the 2016 Social Responsibility Report:
- Introduction of the iA Financial Group Supplier Code of Conduct, under which companies that wish to establish a business relationship with iA Financial Group or its subsidiaries must agree to respect ethics, integrity and honesty principles. This code of ethics covers many aspects, including governance, work, health and safety, and the environment and sustainable development.
- Creation of a sustainable development committee which includes employees from the various departments and business lines across Canada. This committee's mandate is to carry out projects in line with the elements of sustainable development.
- $152 million invested in renewable energy
- Launch of a new socially responsible investment fund, IA Clarington Inhance Bond SRI Fund, which is fossil fuel-free
- $4 million in donations to close to 500 organizations
"Once again this year, the results presented in the Social Responsibility Report speak to a desire to implement projects that play a positive role with respect to the economy, society and the environment, states Yvon Charest, President and Chief Executive Officer of iA Financial Group. These three aspects, when together in harmony, are a sign of a healthy company, in the image of an individual who is fulfilled when growing his or her body, heart and spirit."
The iA Financial Group Social Responsibility Report is available on the company's website at ia.ca, under About iA in the Investor Relations/Annual Documents 2016 section.
About iA Financial Group
Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group, which is celebrating its 125th anniversary in 2017, offers life and health insurance products, mutual and segregated funds, savings and retirement plans, securities, auto and home insurance, mortgage and car loans, and other financial products and services for both individuals and groups. It is one of the four largest life and health insurance companies in Canada and among the largest publicly traded companies in the country. iA Financial Group stock is listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol IAG.
SOURCE Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc.
For further information: Pierre Picard, Manager, Public Relations, Office: 418-684-5000, ext. 1-1660, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org