TORONTO, May 17, 2016 /CNW/ - IA Clarington Investments Inc. (iA Clarington) announced today that it has expanded its Guaranteed Investment Fund (GIF) offering to include a 75/75 Guarantee C option and an additional four funds to its GIF lineup. These enhancements provide mutual fund performance and the security of principal protection, offering investors the best of both worlds.
The following four funds are now available as IA Clarington GIFs:
- IA Clarington Tactical Bond GIF – new fixed-income option
- IA Clarington Inhance Monthly Income SRI GIF – socially responsible investing
- IA Clarington Monthly Income Balanced GIF – asset allocation by Clément Gignac
- IA Clarington U.S. Dividend Growth GIF – U.S. equities
IA Clarington GIFs provide the ability to invest in the markets while ensuring investors' capital is protected. GIFs give investors the opportunity to protect both their invested capital and the gains they've earned, and can be used to protect estate value and the value of investments against potential creditors.
The principal guarantees provided by IA Clarington GIFs can benefit:
- Conservative investors with holdings in GICs, but who require a higher return to maintain their standard of living or continue accumulating for retirement.
- New investors who are saving to meet their financial objectives but are concerned with the inherent risk in equity markets.
- Experienced investors who have reached their savings goal and want to continue to invest in equity markets with capital protection.
- Small business owners looking to potentially protect their assets from creditors.
"We are excited to expand the IA Clarington GIF lineup. By offering an additional four funds, the GIF lineup may be suitable for many more investor profiles and provides greater access to several leading money managers," said Eric Frape, Senior Vice President, Products and Investments at iA Clarington. "The new guarantee option provides investors with flexibility to choose from three different guarantees to tailor the level of protection to suit their needs."
About IA Clarington Investments Inc.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc. – Canada's fourth-largest life and health insurance company – iA Clarington offers a wide range of investment products, including actively managed mutual funds, managed portfolio solutions, socially responsible investments and target date funds. As of March 31, 2016, iA Clarington has more than $13 billion in assets under management, for more information please visit www.iaclarington.com.
SOURCE IA Clarington Investments Inc.
For further information: For media enquiries please contact: Scott Anderson, Manager, Media Relations, NATIONAL Equicom, Tel: 416-586-1954, firstname.lastname@example.org