QUEEN'S PARK, Oct. 30 /CNW/ -
Today, Ontario PC Leader Tim Hudak presented Premier Dalton McGuinty with a plan to help expedite H1N1 vaccine distribution across the province. The current system in place is not working and the situation especially for high risk groups, is growing more critical.
Hudak called on the Premier to:
- Extend the hours of the clinics to operate 24 hours a day and on
- Implement a school-based and work-place vaccination program;
- Establish a reliable and consistent communications protocol between
the Ministry, Chief Medical Officer and all of Ontario's Public
- Expand the number of clinics in high demand areas;
- Solicit the immediate assistance of retired physicians and nurses to
administer the vaccine;
- Establish a system that expedites the delivery of vaccines to
"I want to express my gratitude to the doctors, nurses and other health
care professionals who have been working tirelessly during these extraordinary
circumstances." (PC Leader Tim Hudak)
"I am calling on the Premier to use his authority to ensure vaccines are
distributed as efficiently as possible. It is essential that this government
knocks down any bureaucratic barriers that prevent people from getting this
potentially life-saving vaccine." (PC Leader Tim Hudak)
"As a parent of a young child myself, this situation deeply concerns me.
Vaccines do not protect anyone if they're left sitting on a shelf after a
clinic closes its doors." (PC Leader Tim Hudak)
- PC Deputy Leader and Health Critic Christine Eloitt wrote to the
Health Minister on Wednesday, October 28, calling on the government
to implement immediate measures to expedite vaccine distribution
across the province. No response was given.
- Tim Hudak and the PC Caucus are calling on the government to
implement their plan immediately to help protect the health and
safety of all Ontarians.
- Tim Hudak and the PC Caucus believe that action must be taken now to
end the unacceptable hours long line ups at clinics around the
SOURCE PC CAUCUS MEDIA RELATIONS
For further information: For further information: Laryssa Waler, Laryssa.firstname.lastname@example.org, (416) 670-7239