Unlike other online tax software, H&R Block wants you to get
what's yours this tax season for free, with the industry's best free online tax software
TORONTO, Feb. 22, 2017 /CNW/ - Starting February 20th, Canadians can start electronically filing their 2016 tax returns with the Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA), and H&R Block is ready to help Canadians get what's theirs with its free Online Tax Software. That's right, H&R Block wants Canada to get what's theirs this tax season, for free.
"There are other online tax solutions out there, but H&R Block's Online Tax Software is the only free solution that guides you through the process so that you don't miss a thing," said Todd McCallum, Vice President of Digital Solutions at H&R Block Canada. "It's the easiest to use and most thorough free option on the market."
H&R Block's free Online Tax Software user experience has been developed through user testing with a customer-first approach to give you the confidence you need to file your taxes. The H&R Block Online Tax Software guides you through your return step-by-step, asking you customized questions about your personal situation along the way. Why is this good? It means you don't have to search for credits or forms that you don't know about. It's also designed to handle any tax situation, no tax knowledge required – no matter how complicated. And the 100% Accuracy Guarantee gives you peace of mind.
Other benefits of H&R Block's free Online Tax Software include:
- Simple steps for free: This deserves to be repeated. H&R Block's free Online Tax Software is the only free tax software that simulates an interview with a tax expert, offering step-by-step guidance based on your personal situation.
- Easy to switch: The tax software allows you to import data from competitive software, with one simple click. No need to worry if you did your taxes somewhere else last year, you can easily upgrade to ours.
- Private and confidential: Besides H&R Block's longstanding and trusted name in tax preparation, the software is also NETFILE Certified, meaning you are able to submit your return directly to the CRA from your device, and will get your refund in as few as eight days.
- The anytime, anywhere solution: Use the software from any or all devices, as it allows users to transition seamlessly from one device to another.
- Download your slips directly from the CRA or Revenu Québec: Save time and ensure the accuracy of your tax return by downloading your data directly into your return.
- Get what's yours: The Refund-O-Meter™ lets you track you refund amount in real time as you complete the process, double checks for errors and easily lets you correct them, and offers a 100% Accuracy Guarantee.
Should Canadians have any hesitations about filing their taxes online by themselves, H&R Block offers add-on services, such as Expert Review, to put users at ease. Visit www.hrblock.ca for more information on all offerings available.
About H&R Block Canada
For over 50 years, H&R Block Canada is Canada's tax leader, with over 1,200 locations across Canada, and free do-it-yourself Tax Software. H&R Block's comprehensive education program Tax Academy, trains experts and continually updates their skills. Learn more at www.hrblock.ca or 1-800-HRBLOCK.
SOURCE H&R Block Canada Inc.
For further information: For further information or to arrange an interview, please contact: Amanda Federchuk, 416-355-7410, firstname.lastname@example.org