Help Bishop Gelimard Joseph & the SDHEPA build a Hospital for Haiti.
TORONTO, Nov. 20, 2015 /CNW/ - Today SDHEPA, the Social Development Haitian Pastors Association, is pleased to announce the launch of a $3 Million USD fundraising campaign on indiegogo.com.
The campaign has just sixty-days to reach its funding goal.
On Tuesday the 12th of January 2010 a 7.0 magnitude earthquake devastated the island nation of Haiti, killing over two hundred thousand people. In addition to the terrible loss of human life, the disaster also claimed the destruction of over a quarter million homes, and nearly thirty thousand commercial structures, including government, health and administration buildings, roads and telecommunications infrastructure. The people fled, and an estimated two million Haitians are now living undocumented in the Dominican Republic with little access to healthcare, medicine or hope.
The Bishop of Haiti is asking for our help, and we will answer that call.
The mandate of the SDHEPA is concerned with the Social Welfare of the Haitian people and in particular those who are undocumented living inside the Dominican Republic.
The 'Hospital for Haiti' Project Goals
- Build a Hospital (HOSCOMQ-1) 'Quisqueya Compassion Hospital' in the city of Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.
- Establish a Hospital in the border city of Ouanaminthe, Republic of Haiti (HOSCOMQ-2) .
- Funding Goal: Raise $3 Million US dollars for project start-up and Y1 & Y2 operations
- Provide first-world health services to 200,000+ displaced Haitians and local Dominican citizens currently living in the northern province of Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.
- Provide first-world health services to 100,000 Haitian citizens living in Northern Haiti.
- The SDHEPA is a registered non-profit #340985 with CODUE which is the official Dominican Republic Government Ministry responsible for religious charity status.
Watch video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQNIj93_oEY
To make a donation visit: http://sdhepa.org
Image with caption: "Hospital for Haiti Campaign Launches Today on Indiegogo.com (CNW Group/SDHEPA)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20151120_C8842_PHOTO_EN_550139.jpg
For further information: Media Inquiries - please contact: Andrew Shaw, Communications Director, SDHEPA, c/o iFathom Corp., Suite 2300 - 200 Front Street West, Toronto, ON M5V 3K2, 416-697-2728, email@example.com