The annual conference and trade show announces keynote speakers and the first-ever technology destination at HealthAchieve
TORONTO, Oct. 26, 2015 /CNW/ - HealthAchieve, the signature conference and trade show of the Ontario Hospital Association and one of the largest shows of its kind in North America, is pleased to announce this year's highlights. On November 2, 3 & 4 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, attendees will get to experience sessions with high-profile speakers from around the world, a tradeshow floor full of the most innovative companies in health care, and new this year, the Intelligent Hospital Pavilion™ (IHP).
"We're pleased to be sharing some of this year's keynote speakers and to announce the first-ever technology destination at HealthAchieve, the Intelligent Hospital Pavilion™," says Warren DiClemente, Chief Operating Officer and Vice President, Educational Services, Ontario Hospital Association. "The pavilion will highlight the integration of cutting-edge technologies in hospitals, including North America's first fully digital hospital, Humber River."
For the first time at HealthAchieve, a new partnership with the Intelligent Health Association (IHA) will provide attendees with the opportunity to see the powerful impacts and uses of technology in action. The IHP is a must-see attraction on the exhibit floor, featuring state-of-the-art emergency and patient demonstration rooms, a video of Humber River Hospital's fully integrated digital hospital, and a live showcase of the latest devices – allowing attendees to get up close and personal with wearable technologies. Guided tours will provide an exciting opportunity to see, in real-time, how integrated technology can improve patient care in hospitals.
Keeping with the theme of technology and its impact on patient care, HealthAchieve has partnered with RxRobots Inc. to introduce a child-friendly humanoid robot named MEDi, shown to reduce children's pain by 50 per cent during medical procedures. MEDi and his friends will educate, entertain and inspire HealthAchieve attendees.
This year's speakers have travelled from across the globe to share ideas on the future of health care.
- Martin Short. The celebrated comedian and actor will share stories from his new book, I Must Say, and his personal connection to health care and cancer in particular.
- Captain Richard Phillips. Hero of the high seas and real life inspiration for the movie Captain Phillips, this remarkable speaker will share lessons in leadership. He will discuss the vital importance of leadership and teamwork, combined with a belief in the power and potential of yourself and your team.
- Josh Linkner. The four-time successful tech entrepreneur will deliver practical tools that can be used immediately to increase creative output and deliver bottom-line results.
- Jonny Harris. The comedian and actor will do a stand-up comedy routine including his move from Newfoundland to Toronto, as well as on-set anecdotes from Murdoch Mysteries, road stories from his work on Still Standing and some personal reflection on his own experiences with the health industry and hospitals.
- John Nosta. Digital health philosopher, John Nosta will speak about the digital health revolution.
- Natalie Panek. A rocket scientist and advocate for women in technology, Nathalie Panek will illustrate how the on-going pursuit of knowledge should take place throughout life and across an array of experiences.
The award-winning tradeshow floor will feature close to 300 exhibitors demonstrating the latest in health care innovation. The popular 'New Product Showcase' will highlight the newest innovative health care products available in the marketplace.
Humber River Hospital's President & CEO, Dr. Reuben Devlin, will be speaking about North America's first ever fully digital hospital at the HealthAchieve pre-conference event Improving Patient Care and Safety Through the Adoption of New Technologies on Sunday, November 1 at 8:30 a.m. at the OHA Education Centre located at 200 Front Street West, 27th Floor, Toronto, Ontario.
For more information on exhibitors and keynote speakers, please visit www.healthachieve.com.
One of the largest and most prestigious health care gatherings in North America, HealthAchieve aims to inspire ideas and innovation with over 50 informative and engaging educational sessions along with an award-winning exhibit floor, where close to 300 exhibitors will showcase the latest health care products, services and technologies. HealthAchieve attracts more than 6,000 health care and business leaders from around the world for learning, networking, benchmarking and sharing best practices. Learn more about HealthAchieve online at http://www.HealthAchieve.com.
Image with caption: "HEALTHACHIEVE (CNW Group/HEALTHACHIEVE)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20151026_C3957_PHOTO_EN_529377.jpg
For further information: Tara Bolger, firstname.lastname@example.org, 416 929 2052 or Jamie Sanders, email@example.com, 416.929-7740.