– Much Digital Studios creator roster has grown to more than 40 digital influencers with more than 200 million views since launch –
– Brand partnerships to-date include L'Oréal Feria, Kids Help Phone, SweeTarts, and many more –
TORONTO, May 19, 2016 /CNW/ - #Views from Much! Since launching only one year ago today, Much Digital Studios, the multi-channel network of YouTubers and digital influencers, has amplified cyberspace with a combined total of more than 200 million views. Growing from 13 to 44 creators, the roster of Much Digital Studios influencers making waves across the country, and around the world, now has a collective subscriber base of more than 5 million.
"When we launched Much Digital Studios 12 months ago, we were confident that this digital strategy would not only bolster Much's connection to youth, and provide stand-out opportunities for advertisers, but also add a new dimension to the online creative community in Canada," said Justin Stockman, Vice-President, Business and Channel Strategy, Bell Media. "With the continued growth of our creator roster and the ongoing production of truly engaging content, we're very proud of what we've accomplished this year, and look forward to sharing more ideas with our audience and brands."
"Building and growing with Much Digital Studios to bring new media and digital entertainment to the forefront within Canada has been an incredible experience," said Jus Reign, comedian and Much Digital Studios Creator. "In a landscape that is still very new, I'm excited to see companies like Bell Media provide opportunities to those that chose an alternative route in entertainment, and I'm proud to be a part of that team."
From Jus Reign's 2015 nextMEDIA Award for Youtuber of the Year, to Tasha Leelyn's #AcademySocial win for Tastemaker Influencer, and the premiere of Michael Rizzi's video My Strange Addiction: YAAAAASS at the 2015 Buffer Festival, Much Digital Studios creators have seen tremendous growth over the past year.
- Named one of Playback Magazine's "5 to Watch" in 2015, comedian Jus Reign has seen a 38% rise in his subscriber base, bringing his total subscribers to more than 720,000. Jus Reign is set to co-host THE IHEARTRADIO MMVA RED CARPET show for the second year in the row on June 19
- Vlogger and host The Danocracy (Dan James) has amassed 305,000 subscribers, growing his base by more than 296% since joining Much Digital Studios
- 4Yall Entertainment now has more than 430,000 subscribers, with growth of 66% since launch
- Deejdesign earned more than 56,000 subscribers with growth of 951% since joining Much Digital Studios in November
- Sickick Music has garnered 101,000 subscribers, with growth of 82% since Much Digital Studios launched
- ASkylitAvenue has grown her subscriber base 55%, to a total of more than 45,000 since joining Much Digital Studios in November
- Since joining the roster in July, beauty and fashion expert Tasha Leelyn has gained more than 370,000 subscribers, seeing 114% growth on her channel
Much Digital Studios creators receive more than 5 million combined views per week. Some of the most-watched videos from the past year, each earning more than one million views, include:
The growing success and unparalleled reach of Much Digital Studios attracted partnerships with some of the most notable brands in Canada including Bell, MLSE, PUMA, Ubisoft's Just Dance, U by Kotex, Virgin Mobile Canada, and many more. Some brand activations from the past year included: Much Creator Mila Victoria teaming up with MTV's beauty blog FORA to showcase L'Oreal Feria's great hair colour options for prom, summer festivals, and back-to-school looks; six Much creators teaming up with Kids Help Phone and lip-syncing inspirational messages on their Instagram accounts to encourage youth to #findyourvoice; and most recently, Much creators Chelsi Madonna, Sickick, and Rayn Magic joining forces with SweeTarts and challenging fans to showcase their inner misfit via Instagram (#MMVAMisfit) for a chance to win a VIP trip to THE 2016 IHEARTRADIO MMVAs.
About Much Digital Studios
As part of the new Much.com, Much Digital Studios is the next evolution of the Much brand. It is the latest way Much is connecting with Canadian and international youth, celebrating the diversity, creativity, and irreverence of its fans by keeping them at the centre of everything it does. Based at the Much Queen Street West headquarters in Toronto, the engaging roster of channels available via Much Digital Studios perfectly embodies what it means to be young in Canada today.
Much is the go-to channel for all things pop-culture, delivering trendworthy, topical programming, and exclusive live events. From the MUCH MUSIC VIDEO AWARDS to its industry-leading online and social media outreach, including Much.com, on Twitter (with more than a million followers), and Facebook (with more than 1.2 million likes), Much continues to deliver unique and clever programming to its audience. Much supports the Canadian music video production industry with its annual, multi-million dollar contribution to MuchFACT. Much is available in more than 8.2 million homes across Canada via satellite, IPTV, and cable, as well as more than 1 million mobile devices. Much is a division of Bell Media, which is part of BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company.
For further information: Laura Berkenblit, Music and Entertainment, Bell Media, 416.384.3173 or firstname.lastname@example.org; Amanda Rinaldo, Music and Entertainment, Bell Media, 416.384.5325 or email@example.com