SUNNYVALE, Calif., June 18, 2014 /CNW/ - Fujitsu today announced three new benchmark world records for datacenter virtualization and online transaction processing that highlight the performance and new mission-critical capabilities of the company's high-end FUJITSU Server PRIMEQUEST® line.
Three key benchmark records recently achieved by the PRIMEQUEST 2800E server product:
- The PRIMEQUEST 2800E sets the 'VMmark® overall world record'1 with four 4-way partitions in two servers2
- The PRIMEQUEST 2800E also sets VMmark record in 'uniform-hosts' configurations as best two-socket system using four two-way partitions in a single system3
- Also, the PRIMEQUEST 2800E has set a new world-record TPC-E benchmark4 with a result of 8,582.52 tpsE and a price/performance of $205.43/tpsE.
These impressive results for the PRIMEQUEST 2800E showcase the system's capabilities for running mission-critical applications, large scale databases and real-time analytics, which require high performance plus the availability levels equivalent to those of UNIX systems. The mission-critical features enable outstanding platform reliability with innovative error prevention and self-healing capabilities – all with the flexibility and cost advantages of an x86-based architecture.
Alex Lam, Vice President, Enterprise Business at Fujitsu America, Inc. "These three recently announced benchmark records are further empirical proof of the high-performance and Enterprise resiliency capabilities of the PRIMEQUEST product line. Fujitsu PRIMEQUEST servers are being recognized by customers as the perfect platform for running high performance and mission-critical business applications, ranging from SAP HANA® solutions and real-time analytics to running Enterprise applications where the large memory of PRIMEQUEST product and high resiliency are key differentiators for the customer."
Notes to editors
1) The VMmark results were achieved by Fujitsu PRIMEQUEST 2800E systems. Full test results including system specification, further details and current results can be found at: http://www.vmware.com/a/vmmark/. The comparison reflects the status at April 1, 2014.
2) The VMmark result of 70.73 @ 60 tiles was achieved by four hosts (realized as completely independent system partitions in two PRIMEQUEST 2800E systems), each with 1TB of memory, using Intel® Xeon® E7-8890 v2 processors. Full test results including system specification, further details and current results can be found at: http://www.vmware.com/a/assets/vmmark/pdf/2014-04-01-Fujitsu-PRIMEQUEST2800E-60.pdf. The comparison reflects the status at April 1, 2014. For information about VMmark and the rules regarding its usage visit: http://www.vmware.com/products/vmmark. VMware and VMmark are trademarks or registered trademarks of VMware, Inc. VMware® VMmark™ is a product of VMware, Inc.
3) The VMmark result of 38.86 @ 32 tiles was achieved by four hosts (realized as completely independent system partitions in one PRIMEQUEST 2800E system), each with 512GB of memory, using Intel® Xeon® E7-8890 v2 processors. Full test results including system specification, further details and current results can be found at: http://www.vmware.com/a/assets/vmmark/pdf/2014-04-01-Fujitsu-PRIMEQUEST2800E-32.pdf. The comparison reflects the status at April 1, 2014.
4) The TPC-E result was achieved by one Fujitsu Server PRIMEQUEST 2800E with 4 TB of memory, using Intel® Xeon® E7-8890 v2 processors. Full test results including system specification and further details can be found at http://www.tpc.org/tpce/results/tpce_result_detail.asp?id=114041401. The comparison reflects the status at April 14, 2014. Current TPC-E results can be found at http://www.tpc.org/tpce/results/tpce_perf_results.asp.
Fujitsu America, Inc.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Approximately 162,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.8 trillion yen (US$46 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2014. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu America, Inc.
Fujitsu America, Inc. is a leading ICT solutions provider for organizations in the U.S., Canada and the Caribbean. Fujitsu enables clients to meet their business objectives through integrated offerings and solutions, including consulting, systems integration, managed services, outsourcing and cloud services for infrastructure, platforms and applications; data center and field services; and server, storage, software and mobile/tablet technologies. For more information, please visit: http://solutions.us.fujitsu.com/ and http://twitter.com/fujitsuamerica.
Fujitsu, the Fujitsu logo, PRIMEQUEST and "shaping tomorrow with you" are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fujitsu Limited in the United States and other countries. VMmark is a trademark or registered trademark of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Intel and Xeon are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries. TPC, TPC Benchmark, TPC-E and tpsE are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Transaction Processing Performance Council in the United States and other countries. SAP HANA is a trademark or registered trademark of SAP AG in Germany and other countries.
All other trademarks and product names are the property of their respective owners.
Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140618/119400
SOURCE: Fujitsu America, Inc.
For further information:
AP PhotoExpress Network: PRN19
PRN Photo Desk, email@example.com