Celebrate National Grilled Cheese Day with the ooey gooey melt of Kraft Singles.
For more photos and video, please visit: http://www.multivu.com/players/English/7806051-kraft-singles/
TORONTO, April 12, 2016 /CNW/ - In celebration of National Grilled Cheese Day on April 12, and Grilled Cheese Month throughout the month of April, Kraft Singles has unveiled some of Canada's cheesiest habits.
We asked approximately 1000 people how they like their grilled cheese, and the results are in. There's no question that grilled cheese is a national treasure, but Canadians enjoy the ooey gooey melt in different ways.
What's universal, is our crave of the ooey gooey melt that's necessary for any great grilled cheese. In fact, just thinking about the one-of-a-kind ooey gooey melt of a Kraft Singles grilled cheese ignites Canadians' cravings. In some cities, the number of people craving a grilled cheese jumped 17 per cent after only 5 minutes of thinking about it! Here are some more melt-worthy facts that show our grilled cheese preferences from coast to coast that are sure to ignite YOUR craving:
- 1 in 3 Canadians are purists and don't like to add any other ingredients
- Vancouver residents are the most likely to add greens to their grilled cheese, while in BC overall – their love of cold cuts shines through
- In Alberta, bacon tops of the lists of additions
- Grilled cheese is Ontario's comfort food: Needing some comfort is the biggest reason for grilled cheese cravings among 1 in 3 Ontarians
- Montreal residents eat grilled cheese any time of the day – Out of all major Canadian cities, people in Montreal are among the most likely to eat a grilled cheese for breakfast
- Atlantic Canadians are the country's biggest purists
· Grilled cheese is also a key ingredient to a successful relationship! From a go-to first-date meal to a key attribute of a future partner, Canadians love for grilled cheese connects them to their perfect match too:
- 3 of 4 central Canada residents share their love of grilled cheese by preparing one for a significant other
- 4 in 10 Canadians would prefer if their partner loved grilled cheese
- 7 in 10 Canadians have prepared a grilled cheese for a significant other
- If someone made them a grilled cheese on a date, 22% of Canadians would go on a second date while 7% would be cheesed off
Craving a grilled cheese? Kraft Singles is Canada's #1 cheese slice and can be found in 1 in 2 households across the country. Want to meet a different Singles? Try getting acquainted with Mozzarella, Sharp Cheddar or go back to your first love, Original. And go ahead, satisfy your craving for that one-of-kind ooey gooey melt that Kraft Singles delivers. Check out the Meet the Singles videos and mouthwatering recipes below, and see if you can resist the craving for the ooey gooey melt.
From April 1st to April 4th, 2016 an online survey was conducted among 998 randomly selected Canadian adults who are Angus Reid Forum panelists. The margin of error—which measures sampling variability—is +/- 3.1%, 19 times out of 20. The results have been statistically weighted according to education, age, gender and region (and in Quebec, language) Census data to ensure a sample representative of the entire adult population of Canada. Six hundred additional Canadians were polled in Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Halifax, and Ottawa. The margin of error for each of these regions ranges from +/- 6.4% to +/- 9.0. Discrepancies in or between totals are due to rounding.
SOURCE Kraft Canada Inc.
Video with caption: "Celebrate National Grilled Cheese Day with the ooey gooey melt of Kraft Singles.". Video available at: http://stream1.newswire.ca/cgi-bin/playback.cgi?file=20160412_C1430_VIDEO_EN_662963.mp4&posterurl=http%3a%2f%2fphotos.newswire.ca%2fimages%2f20160412_C1430_PHOTO_EN_662963.jpg&order=1&jdd=20160412&cnum=C1430
Image with caption: "For National Grilled Cheese Day, Canadians weighed in on what it takes to make the perfect bite. (CNW Group/Kraft Canada Inc.)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20160412_C1430_PHOTO_EN_662965.jpg
For further information: please contact Rosie Shipton, Edelman Public Relations, email@example.com.