MINNEAPOLIS, April 4, 2016 /CNW/ -- GWG Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: GWGH) ("GWG" or "the Company"), a specialty finance company and a leader in the life insurance secondary market, announced today they will host a real-time virtual presentation on April 7, 2016. The Company invites individuals and institutional investors as well as advisors to attend at www.VirtualInvestorConferences.com.
Attendees are invited to ask the company questions in real-time -- both in the presentation hall as well as in the association's "virtual trade booth." If attendees are not able to join on the day of the conference, an on-demand archive will be available for 90 days.
Presenters will include Michael Freedman, President and Bill Acheson, Chief Financial Officer.
The virtual conference will be held Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 11:30 a.m. Eastern Time at link http://tinyurl.com/0407pre. It is recommended that attendees pre-register and run the online system check to save time and receive event updates.
For more information, please contact Larry Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Company Highlights for the Twelve Months Ended December 31, 2015
- Grew the Company's portfolio of life insurance to $945 million in face value of policy benefits covering 358 unique lives; a net growth of $166 million in face value of policy benefits
- Collected $31 million in policy benefits, or 117% of the policy premiums paid over the same period
- Non-GAAP Net Asset Value $13.26 per basic share as of December 31, 20151
- The blended internal rate of return on the portfolio is 18.5% at December 31, 20152
- Raised $121.8 million in capital from the sale of the Company's $1 billion L Bond offering
- Became effective with the Company's $100 million Redeemable Preferred Stock offering
- Expanded the independent financial advisor network by 119% year-over-year, bringing the total number of advisors selling the Company's investment products to over 3,200
- Expanded the Appointed Agent Program, adding financial advisors to the Company's growing direct policy origination capability
- Directly originated 21% of life insurance policies acquired, i.e., Appointed Agent Program
(1) Net asset value per share is calculated as present value of the Company's portfolio of life insurance policies using a discount rate of 6.98% (equal to the Company's weighted average cost of financing) plus cash on hand less the sum of the Company's interest bearing debt and preferred stock, divided by the number of basic shares outstanding.
(2) The blended IRR is calculated as the weighted average of (a) the internal rate of return attained on matured life insurance policy benefits received to date and (b) the expected internal rate of return on life insurance policies held in the portfolio.
Since 2010, VirtualInvestorConferences.com, created by BetterInvesting (NAIC) and PRNewswire, has been the only monthly virtual investor conference series that provides an interactive forum for presenting companies to meet directly with investors using a graphically-enhanced online platform.
Designed to replicate the look and feel of location-based investor conferences, Virtual Investor Conferences unites PR Newswire's leading-edge online conferencing and investor communications capabilities with BetterInvesting's extensive retail investor audience network.
About GWG Holdings, Inc.
GWG Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: GWGH) is a specialty finance company and a leader in the secondary market for life insurance. GWG is dedicated to creating a vibrant secondary life insurance market for the economic benefit of seniors seeking post-retirement financial solutions, investors seeking yield derived from non-correlated assets, financial advisors seeking value-added products and services for their clients, and shareholders seeking to benefit from the growth of this marketplace. As of December 31, 2015, GWG's growing portfolio consisted of $945 million in face value of benefits. Since 2006, GWG has purchased over $1.8 billion in life insurance policy benefits and paid seniors over $315 million for their policies.
For more information about GWG Holdings, email email@example.com or visit www.gwglife.com.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20150330/195273LOGO
SOURCE GWG Holdings, Inc.
For further information: Investor Contacts: Larry Clark, (310) 622-8223, Kristen Papke, (310) 622-8225, Financial Profiles, Inc., GWGH@finprofiles.com; Media Contacts: Rose Reifsnyder, Senior Vice President, Marketing, GWG Holdings, Inc., (612) 840-7204, firstname.lastname@example.org, Bradley H. Smith, Director of Marketing, IR and Compliance Services, PR Newswire/VirtualInvestorConferences.com, (201) 947-7157, email@example.com, http://www.gwglife.com