OTTAWA, Feb. 10, 2017 /CNW/ - The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, today announced Their Excellencies the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, and Mrs. Sharon Johnston will conduct a state visit to the Kingdom of Sweden, with stops in Stockholm, Malmö, Lund and Gothenburg from February 19 to 23, 2017.
Their Majesties King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia will be hosting Their Excellencies during the visit, which will focus on building innovative, sustainable societies that benefit everyone.
"Canada and Sweden have a great deal in common as Northern countries that are firmly committed to human rights, the environment, free trade, and the well-being and prosperity of their citizens. This visit by the Governor General of Canada will help further strengthen our social and commercial ties, and reaffirm our warm friendship."
– Rt. Hon. Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada
- This will be the second time a Canadian governor general conducts a visit to the Kingdom of Sweden.
- Canada and Sweden collaborate on Northern issues within the Arctic Council, including on sustainable development and environmental protection.
- Significant trade and investment flow between the two countries, with close cooperation in innovation, science and technology.
- Sweden is one of Canada's top priority countries for investment as it is home to a number of large, technologically sophisticated, multi-national companies and dynamic and innovative small-to-medium sized enterprises.
This document is also available at http://pm.gc.ca
SOURCE Prime Minister's Office
For further information: PMO Media Relations: 613-957-5555