TORONTO, Nov. 14, 2016 /CNW/ - Governance Professionals of Canada ("GPC") and Presenting Sponsor Diligent, will be hosting the fourth Annual Excellence in Governance Awards ("EGAs") on November 15, 2016 at The Carlu in Toronto. The shortlisted nominees for the 2016 EGAs, organized by category are:
- Best Practices in Enterprise Risk Management: RBC, Gore Mutual Insurance Company and Vancouver Airport Authority
- Best Practices in Sustainability and Environmental, Social and Governance Program: Goldcorp Inc., Mountain Equipment Co-op (MEC) and The Co-operators
- Best Approach to Achieving Effective Board and Committee Operations: BMO Financial Group, RBC and Aldergrove Credit Union.
- Best Practices to Enhance Boardroom Diversity: Goldcorp Inc., BMO Financial Group and Manulife Financial Corporation
- Best Practices in Strategic Planning, Oversight and Value Creation by the Board: Veridian Corporation, TransCanada Corporation, Goldcorp Inc. and Manulife Financial Corporation
- Best Engagement by a Governance Team: Tarion Warranty, Manulife Financial Corporation, Gore Mutual Insurance Company and the Canada Council for the Arts
- Best Pay for Performance: MEG Energy Corp. & Tahoe Resources Inc.
- Best Overall Corporate Governance: BC Housing Commission, Canadian National Railway Company and ATB Financial
- Peter Dey Governance Achievement Award
The shortlisted companies were selected by a jury panel composed of seasoned and well-respected governance experts from across Canada and include:
- Honorary Judge, Peter Dey, Chairman, Paradigm Capital Inc.
- Judging Facilitator, Geoffrey D. Creighton, President, In-House Counsel Worldwide
- Wendy King, Vice President, Legal, Risk and Governance, Capstone Mining Corp.
- Christine Staley, Director of Professional Development, Canadian Corporate Counsel Association
- Terri Uhrich, Vice President, Legal Affairs, K+S Potash Canada
The EGA winners will open the market at the TMX Broadcast Centre in Toronto on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 at 9:30 AM.
GPC is recognized as the most important organization for corporate governance professionals in Canada. As the principal advocate for those who work in corporate governance, GPC strives to enhance the public's awareness of the importance of good governance. GPC is the voice of corporate governance professionals in Canada and participates with other stakeholders, including capital markets participants, government bodies and regulators, in fostering a governance environment that sets Canada apart from the world. GPC supports its membership with continuing education and networking opportunities that are second to none.
SOURCE Governance Professionals of Canada (GPC)
For further information: Lynn Beauregard, President, 802-21 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, Phone: 416-921-5449 / 1-800-774-2850, Ext 306, Email: email@example.com, Website: http://www.gpcanada.org/EGA