New G2A Developer Support System Improves Access to Benefits across Global Digital Gaming Marketplace
RZESZÓW, Poland, LONDON and HONG KONG, July 3, 2016 /CNW/ - As a leader in the digital gaming marketplace, G2A recognizes its responsibility to serve the greater good for the entire gaming industry. Recent events demonstrated that the company needs to move faster to introduce new benefits designed with developers in mind, and invite them to play an even bigger role in creating the marketplace of the future.
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160703/385868 )
With this in mind, G2A introduced the following benefits and solutions designed to make developers full partners in the digital marketplace, and to extend additional security options. This set of tools, a gaming industry-first, includes:
1. Royalties on Third-party Auctions: Developers may apply a royalty of up to 10 percent for any of their products sold on the G2A marketplace, which provides a way for developers to monetize third-party transactions.
2. Priority Placement: Developer-managed auctions will be listed first, above third-party sellers, to provide more visibility and transparency. Developers will also be able to create their own customised storefront featuring all of their products and promotions.
3. Chargeback Protection: G2A offers G2A Pay with free integration to developers as a protection on their own websites to mitigate their risk factors (especially beneficial for small developers, beginners and those who feel that their security systems are not sufficient).
4. Dedicated Database Access: Developers will have access to G2A's database information to verify sales, volume and timing to track the lifecycle of every key and identify illegal practices.
5. Dedicated Account Managers: The expansion of G2A's dedicated account manager model to support developers and to resolve any question or issue, especially those related to security concerns.
6. Developer Funding Option: Many gamers wish to support their favorite developers. For the first time, they will be able to contribute funds directly through an additional button on the developer's product page.
7. Expansive Global Access: Multi-language translation program expands exposure for developers to our 10 million global customers who are eager for new games from Indie developers.
G2A supports all members of the gaming community and offers these new benefits to all developers at no additional charge.
"We'd like to extend our thanks to all those who have provided input and feedback to improve the G2A marketplace - gamers, developers and influencers alike," said Bartosz Skwarczek, CEO, G2A. "As a consequence, G2A has been motivated to adapt to a rapidly-changing landscape, and we need to support developers in new ways, for the good of the industry."
In addition to these enhanced benefits for developers, G2A also committed to continue to monitor its marketplace extensively for any possible fraudulent activity. In the small fraction of cases where fraud may be detected, G2A investigates and bans offending parties from further participation. The company works with law enforcement globally to track fraud and is committed to ensuring that the marketplace remains safe. Dozens of payment providers work with G2A globally because they have total confidence in the security process.
Jacqueline Purcell, Head of Global Public Relations at G2A, said, "We acknowledge that these are just steps in a journey to create more value and more security for all of our sellers in this fast-changing marketplace, and we will bring you updates as we have new solutions to share. We can always do more."
Testing will begin within the next two weeks and these solutions will roll out July 29, 2016. Developers interested in participating in the testing process should contact: email@example.com.
For further information: Author: Jacqueline Purcell - jpurcell@G2A.com