MONTREAL, Sept. 8, 2015 /CNW Telbec/ - Transat is pleased to announce that it is adding two new destinations, Croatia in Eastern Europe and Pisa in Italy, to its European portfolio for 2016 as well as increasing frequency and capacity on many of its European flights. Air Transat thus remains the leisure airline with the most diversified offer on the market with direct flights to a total of 29 destinations. In addition, newly launched routes between Toronto and Nice, Montreal and Glasgow and Vancouver and Rome will also translate into a world of new options for Canadians planning their vacations to Europe next summer.
"Following the success of our newly launched flights to Budapest and Prague, we are continuing with our development plan by offering the most complete and flexible offer on the market. When it comes to vacations in Europe, Transat's offer is unbeatable as we're offering a program that meets the needs of travellers whose interest in new destinations is growing steadily," says Annick Guérard, General Manager for Transat Tours Canada.
New destinations and increased frequency
Every Sunday beginning June 13, 2016 a direct flight for Pisa will take off from Toronto and Montreal while Zagreb in Croatia will be offered on Tuesdays as of June 15, 2016 direct from Toronto and via a connecting flight from Montreal.
Transat is also increasing frequency and capacity on many of its routes, including:
- Montreal to Lyon (5 flights a week), Lisbon (4 flights a week), London and Toulouse (3 flights a week)
- Toronto to London (11 flights a week), Barcelona (4 flights a week) and Porto (3 flights a week)
- Vancouver to London (7 flights a week)
New connecting flights
"In addition to our two new destinations, additional routes and added frequency on existing routes, we are proud to expand our connecting program even further, developing the transatlantic market to a whole new level. These additions have the objective of offering travellers as much choice and flexibility as possible," adds Guérard.
Per week, there will be a total of four connecting flights from Montreal to Toronto, four from Toronto to Montreal, two from Quebec City to Montreal and two from Vancouver to Toronto. The new connecting flights will allow for:
- travellers from Montreal to go to Manchester, Glasgow, Birmingham, Lamezia, Amsterdam and Zagreb thanks to the Montreal-Toronto flights;
- travellers from Toronto to go to Brussels, Malaga, Bâle, Nice, Lyon, Bordeaux, Nantes and Toulouse thanks to the Toronto-Montreal flights;
- travellers from Quebec City to visit Lyon, Marseille, Nantes, Toulouse, Bordeaux, London, Rome, Barcelona, Athens, Brussels, Lisbon and Porto thanks to the Quebec City-Montreal flights;
- travellers from Vancouver to visit Dublin, Barcelona, Venice, Budapest and Athens thanks to the Vancouver-Toronto flights and take advantage of added frequency on flights to London, Manchester, Glasgow, Paris, Amsterdam and Rome.
For a full list of flights, visit airtransat.ca.
About Transat Tours Canada
A specialist in holiday travel to every continent, Transat Tours Canada develops and commercializes a vast array of products, from beach vacations to guided tours to cruises, under the Air Transat, Transat Holidays, Nolitours, Transat Discoveries and TMR Holidays brands. Transat Tours Canada is a business unit of Transat A.T. Inc., one of the largest integrated tourism companies in the world.
SOURCE Transat A.T. Inc.
For further information: Ursula Leonowicz, Public Relations and Marketing Advisor, Transat Tours Canada, 514-987-1616, ext. 7020