Royal Agricultural Winter Fair celebrates farming, fresh local food until Nov. 15
TORONTO, Nov. 12, 2015 /CNW/ - Families looking to make the most of the upcoming long weekend — thanks to a Professional Development Day at many Toronto schools this Friday — can get a taste of country life without leaving the city at The Royal Agricultural Winter Fair.
The final weekend of The Royal's 10-day run is packed with family-oriented activities, entertainment and competitions that celebrate the best in Canadian agriculture and fresh, local food. The Royal kicked off its 93rd annual season on November 6, 2015 at Toronto's Exhibition Place and comes to a close on Sunday, November 15, 2015.
"Families will be able to find a lot of exciting new features this year at The Royal, but they'll also be able to enjoy the animals and activities that have been popular with generations of visitors for nearly 100 years," said Charlie Johnstone, The Royal's Chief Executive Officer.
Some of the highlights for The Royal's final weekend include:
- The Royal will welcome British Royalty on Friday, Nov. 13 from 2-4 p.m., when Her Royal Highness The Princess Edward, Countess of Wessex, tours The Fair with the Hon. Elizabeth Dowdeswell, Lieutenant Governor of Ontario.
- See The Royal's social media star Turbo — @Turbo_Goat — perform with his buddies in Goats on the Go at the President's Choice®Animal Theatre. Other performances at the theatre throughout the weekend include Spirit of the Horse demonstrations, 4-H rabbit jumping, President's Choice® Superdogs®, sheep herding and Jack Russell races.
- Food lovers can watch top chefs go head to head in the finals of the Egg Farmers of Ontario Road to The Royal Chef Challenge on Saturday, Nov. 14, beginning at 1 p.m.
- Watch two of man's best friends perform together in the fan favourite Canine Equine Challenge on Saturday, Nov. 14 at 1 p.m. in The Royal Horse Show.
- The a-MAZE-ing Food Journey encourages families to "play with their food" as they explore the path food takes from farm to the table.
- AGtivity Central features face painting, mini John Deere tractor races, a mechanical bull and Breyer Horses Stablemates Painting.
A full schedule of events can be found at www.royalfair.org/schedule. Horse Show tickets include admission to the Fair.
Funding support for The Royal has been provided by the City of Toronto and the Government of Ontario.
About The Royal:
The Royal Agricultural Winter Fair is the world's largest combined indoor agricultural and equestrian show. This year, the 93rd Royal Agricultural Winter Fair runs November 6-15, 2015 at Exhibition Place, Toronto. For competition schedules, live webcasting, results and to purchase tickets, please visit www.royalfair.org.
SOURCE Royal Agricultural Winter Fair
Image with caption: "There is fun for the whole family at The Royal Agricultural Winter Fair in Toronto. (CNW Group/Royal Agricultural Winter Fair)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20151112_C6499_PHOTO_EN_543731.jpg
For further information: Courtney Charette, Public Relations Coordinator, Enterprise Canada, 63 Church Street | Suite 203 | St. Catharines, ON, Canada | L2R 3C4, Main: 905.682.7203 ext. 222, Direct: 905.346.1231, Cell: 905.329.0391, F: 905.682.7481, E: email@example.com, W: www.enterprisecanada.com