The EXO U Digital Education Platform solves the universal problem facing schools today – managing and delivering the overwhelming number of apps, devices, and technologies in the classroom.
SCOTTSDALE, AZ, April 6, 2015 /CNW Telbec/ - From the 2015 ASU-GSV conference in Scottsdale Arizona, EXO U (TSXV: EXO) today announced the launch of its Digital Education Platform, making the 1:1 and BYOD vision for learning an achievable, affordable reality for every school and district. The EXO U platform focuses on the new digital learning landscape in education, delivering a range of instructional content to any student device. With both offline and online flexibility, EXO U levels the playing field for every learner with access to a device. The platform creates a classroom-focused, learner-centric operating system, that runs across multiple devices, is compatible with most OS's, and delivers both online and offline access to students in and beyond the classroom.
During the 2015 ASU-GSV conference, representatives of EXO U, a conference sponsor, will participate in the 7 Minute Speed Pitch, offer platform demos, and on Monday, April 6th from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., the company will transform its sponsor conference room into a 21st century classroom, giving conference attendees the opportunity to take part in immersive teaching and learning experiences using the EXO U Digital Education Platform.
The EXO U Digital Education Platform Advantages
The Digital Education Platform supports the instructional content in which schools have already invested. Its dashboard environment is purpose-built for on-demand visibility into student activity and engagement, and offers these capabilities:
- Support and encouragement for collaboration and transparency. Teachers can share instructional content easily and see student activity and engagement at a glance. Distractions are minimized. Efficiency is optimized.
- Device agnostic, helping schools and districts accomplish their 1:1 and BYOD vision more easily and securely.
- A unique offline option gives students who many not have Internet connection beyond school hours continued access to their digital materials outside the classroom.
- A unified experience in using other applications for instructional continuity, such as Learning Management System curriculum content.
- Seamless access to and support for Open Education Resources (OER), opening a world of enrichment and engagement for students and teachers.
"The EXO U Digital Education Platform increased student engagement and productivity in our classrooms, allowing more instruction time and direct connection with my students. The platform's intuitive and easy-to-use interface made it possible for both teachers and students to begin using the technology immediately." -- High School Administrator, Quebec, Canada
Shan Ahdoot, CEO and Co-Founder of EXO U, stated, "The EXO U Digital Education Platform has the power to change the way, teachers manage technology-infused learning experiences. Using one central dashboard, they can teach more efficiently and engage students more fully with personalized instruction. Administrators save time and money, future-proof technology investments and gain visibility into how technology is being used."
Ken Chen, Vice President of Product Management explained further, "One key goal for the Digital Education Platform was to help schools and districts minimize costs and time associated with technology implementation and training – while making it possible for them leverage the investments they've already made in devices, content, and tools. With more affordability, faster implementation, and dramatically reduced requirements for training, administrators can deliver best-in-class resources and tools across the district, supporting equity and effective technology access for every learner."
The EXO U Digital Education Platform integrates seamlessly with a district's existing learning and student management systems (LMS and SIS systems) and makes it easy to provide apps and instructional content at an enterprise level. This leverages the investments districts have already made in systems, content, and data.
The EXO U Digital Education Platform is available for pilot and beta test programs and is available on annual license basis. A limited number of free pilot implementation will be available through September 30, 2015 for schools and districts interested in testing the new platform.
Additional Feature and Function Details
- EXO U Administrative Console helps administrators implement digital learning solutions district wide, using the Console to add users and accounts, configure servers, build a private app library and more with ease.
- EXO U Teacher Workspace includes the tools teachers need to engage, manage, and motivate students including:
- Classroom App gives teachers tools to manage classes and students daily with at a glance ease. Teachers can take attendance with a visual roll call, get notifications in real time when a student disconnects or leaves the workspace, and limit distractions with the lock student screen feature.
- Lessons App helps teachers create engaging lesson plans with video, websites, eBooks, PDFs, and the digital materials schools already have. Teachers can deliver instruction with zero transition time when switching from one unit to another.
- Notes App enables teachers or students to easily take and share notes.
- Quiz App helps teachers instantly assess student comprehension, create written or verbal questions, and allows free form, true / false, or multiple-choice answers. Results are available immediately so after the quiz is completed, teachers automatically receive compiled quiz results so they can remediate, accelerate, or intervene as needed.
- Share App delivers one touch sharing from users' workspaces, while teachers maintain control of the classroom environment. Teachers can select what materials to share with an individual or group and share materials with disconnected users who automatically receive content once their device is re-connected.
- Library App organizes and centralizes important teaching materials, apps and files for the school or classroom. End users can search the private library for apps and learning materials, find detailed information about apps, download content, view recently posted apps and share favorite apps with peers.
- Browser App is easy to use in and beyond the classroom for instruction. To keep students on task, teachers can use the lock feature while sharing the browser, allowing students to view and bookmark the web page, but not navigate away to another website.
- PDF Reader App make is easy to open, view and share existing PDF files in the classroom. Using a Windows or Mac OS computer, teachers can find and open PDF files saved on your computer hard drive.
- Home App: View a list of shared events and related information during your day. You can even see missed shares while you were offline, and then take action and catch up on these shared events after you have re-connected.
About EXO U
EXO U focuses on the new digital learning landscape in education. From delivering a range of instructional content to any student device to providing tools for one-touch content management, personalization and organization, we make the 1:1 and BYOD vision for learning an achievable, affordable reality. With both offline and online flexibility, EXO U levels the playing field for every learner with access to a device. EXO U (TSX-V: EXO) is located in Palo Alto, CA and Montréal, QC. For more information, visit http://www.exou.com.
Certain statements made in this press release that are not historical facts are forward-looking and are subject to important risks, uncertainties and assumptions. The results or events predicted in these forward–looking statements may differ materially from actual results or events. As a result, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. For additional information with respect to certain of these and other assumptions and risk factors, please refer to EXO U's management's discussion and analysis for the three and nine-month periods ended December 31, 2014 available under the Corporation's profile on SEDAR at www.sedar.com. The forward-looking information contained in this press release represents EXO U's current expectations. EXO U disclaims any intention and assumes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking information, except by applicable securities laws.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts any responsibility for the adequacy of this release.
SOURCE EXO U Inc
For further information: For media inquiries, please contact: Jill Asher, firstname.lastname@example.org, 650-520-8512; For investor inquiries, please contact: Sean Peasgood, Sean@SophicCapital.com, (416) 565-2805 Or Mr. Doug McCollam, CFO at EXO U Inc., email@example.com, (514) 212-7407