MONTREAL, Jan. 21, 2016 /CNW Telbec/ - Educators and Press attending the BETT Conference in London today may be the first to get their hands on the debut of Ormi: the world's simplest, yet most advanced BYOD teaching platform ever created. Hands-on demonstrations, which last 20 minutes and will be provided on a first-come, first-serve basis, and can be scheduled between 10 am and 4 pm, for the duration of the week, by visiting http://ormi.exou.com.
Created by mobile engagement platform developer, EXO U Inc. ("EXO U") (TSXV: EXO), Ormi (meaning "momentum" in Greek) was engineered from day one with the natural classroom experience in mind – to minimize steps and eliminate common interruptions, preserving the teacher's focus and flow, so students stay engaged. With beautifully simple content sharing and collaboration capabilities, Ormi quickens BYOD integration into instruction.
Device Management, Sharing & Ease of Use
- Share to individuals, groups, display or the entire class.
- Installs and works on any device in less than 2 minutes – and you only need install it once.
- Most tasks are just a few taps, reducing interruptions and distractions.
- Collaborate through group messaging and sharing to personalize instruction.
- Works with or without internet and does not require upgrades to existing connectivity.
- Student devices remain tethered upon entry to the class – no need to reconnect and lose time at the start of every lesson or day.
Classroom Management With Easy Instructional Tools, Optimized for BYOD
- Create new lessons or send existing instructional materials from any device, to any device.
- Build or incorporate existing polls, lessons and quizzes.
- Class management and teaching context engines distribute content to the right place, at the right page or point, every time.
Demonstrations & Interviews, January 20th – 21st
- School administrators and classroom teachers are given priority scheduling for digital demonstrations. Visit ormi.exou.com and complete the demo request form.
- For credentialed Press and Blogger demos scheduling, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call + 01932 829077
- Manufacturers/distributors, please contact email@example.com or call + 1 704 293 5461
Other Launch Activities
- On Wednesday, EXO U kicked off "BYOD Listening Day" to kick off a three-week digital event, intended to capture live input from across the global education spectrum. Moderated by Ken Royal, educators were invited to join in the conversation and share ideas to define, improve, and capture scalable practices. Journalists can catch up on what educators from over 20 countries had to say, or, join the conversation.
- EXO U also participated in BETT's Secondary Learn & Live Leadership Panel, moderated by Kevin Hogan from Tech&Learning Magazine and Terry Freedman, and hosted customers and partners at the follow-up reception co-hosted EXO U and Techlearning.
EXO U CEO Kevin Pawsey stated, "We've been hard at work, strengthening our education team, signing up manufacturing and reseller partnerships, listening in to educator feedback, and diligently testing the platform. We learned a lot, that most teachers struggle with other BYOD solutions because sharing is slow, classroom management tools distract from the lesson, and technical issues drive up costs and complexity. Ormi solves these problems, and many more. Through distribution agreements with Panasonic, QOMO, and others soon to be announced, thousands of teachers will begin the fall term with Ormi already installed in their classrooms."
About EXO U
EXO U's shares trade on the TSX Venture Exchange under the ticker symbol EXO. EXO U develops an innovative software platform which enables businesses and educational institutions to securely mobilize and manage their mobile workforce and students by delivering engaging experiences spanning desktop and mobile applications. At the core of EXO U's platform is the smart and agnostic EXO engine that unifies multiple software platforms, allowing devices to interact and communicate seamlessly together. For more information, visit http://www.exou.com and follow us on Twitter @exo_u.
Disclaimer in Regards to Forward-Looking Statements
Certain statements included herein, including those that express management's expectations or estimates of EXO U's future performance or future events, constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of applicable securities laws. Forward-looking statements are necessarily based upon a number of estimates and assumptions that, while considered reasonable by management at this time, are inherently subject to significant business, economic, regulator and competitive uncertainties and contingencies that could cause actual results or events to differ materially from those expressed or implied in such statements. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. EXO U disclaims any intention and assumes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, except as required by applicable securities laws. For additional information with respect to certain of these and other assumptions and risk factors, please refer to EXO U's management's discussion and analysis for the year ended March 31, 2015 available under the Company's profile on SEDAR at www.sedar.com.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
SOURCE EXO U Inc
Image with caption: "EXO U launches Ormi at BETT (CNW Group/EXO U Inc)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20160121_C3921_PHOTO_EN_603239.jpg
For further information: For journalist inquiries, please contact: Mr. Ian Bryan, Vice President, Marketing, EXO U Inc., Phone: (678) 373-9263, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; For investor inquiries, please contact: Mr. Kevin Pawsey, Chief Executive Officer, EXO U Inc., Phone: (508) 367-1729, E-mail: email@example.com; Mr. Shan Ahdoot, President, EXO U Inc., Phone: (480) 313-5983, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org