Delivers Unmatched Performance, PC-like Experience and Over-The-Top Video
OTTAWA, Feb. 9 /CNW Telbec/ - Espial(R), a leader in TV On-Demand software and solutions, today announced the latest version of its TV Browser product for Connected TVs and Set-Top Boxes. The Connected TV market is poised for high growth as consumers increasingly demand access to their favourite websites and web video content from their TV. According to the research firm iSuppli Corporation, total flat-panel TV (LCD and plasma) shipments will grow to nearly 243 million units annually in 2013. As more of these TV require web connectivity, the Espial TV Browser is an ideal platform for Connected TVs with excellent graphic performance, unmatched response times and a great web video experience.
- Achieves PC-like performance with fast web page load times and over
- Web video ready with built-in Adobe Flash support for popular
websites like YouTube and BBC iPlayer including High Definition
- Supports latest interactive TV standards such as Hybrid Broadband TV
(HbbTV) and Open IPTV Forum (OIPF).
- "10-foot" web-TV experience with remote control navigation, TV-
optimized user interface and a virtual keyboard.
- B based on the powerful WebKit engine used by Google Chrome and Apple
Safari browsers. This provides rapid access to new features from the
open source community and broad website support.
- Performance optimizations include memory management, speed boost,
stability enhancement and hardware acceleration. SDK is available for
seamless porting across chipsets.
- Delivers a PC-like browsing experience with support for the latest
W3C web standards including SVG, CE-HTML (CEA-2014) and HTML5 on
which it scores 100% for the popular Acid3 benchmark test. This
ensures broad compatibility with web sites.
- Provides fast time-to-market with reference ports to popular chipsets
Intel, Broadcom, Sigma and ST Micro.
- Espial Browser v5.x for Java-based platforms including Tru2way, Blu-
ray, MHP and OCAP also available.
"Espial TV Browser v6.0 is a high performance browser that enables connected TVs, Set-top boxes and TV service providers to offer a complete web and Over-The-Top video experience consistent with a PC," said Dilshan De Silva, Director Product Management, Browser Products. "Rich graphics & video support, high web standards compliance, together with industry leading speed and performance provides an ideal solution to enable a great TV web experience."
Connected TV, WebTV, OTT, BML, HTML, W3C, IPTV, Cable TV, HbbTV, Adobe Flash, Open IPTV Forum, WebKit, AcTVila
- WebKit Open Source Project (http://webkit.org/)
- Espial TV Browser (http://www.espial.com/products/evo_browser/)
- HbbTV (http://www.hbbtv.org/)
- Open IPTV Forum (http://www.openiptvforum.org/)
About Espial (http://www.espial.com/)
Espial is a leading supplier of high performance and open digital and IP TV software and solutions to service providers in the cable, telecommunications, hospitality and consumer electronics industries. Its middleware, video-on-demand and browser solutions provide superior service delivery, advanced service innovation tools and the flexibility to implement diverse pay-TV business models. Over 7 million licenses of its patented software are in use across the world. Espial is headquartered in Ottawa, Canada and has offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. For more information please call +1.613.230.4770 or visit www.espial.com.
SOURCE Espial Group
For further information: For further information: Inquiries from press or analysts: Espial, Kirk Edwardson, Director, Marketing, Ottawa, Canada, e: email@example.com, t: (613) 230-4770 x1145