THORNHILL, ON, March 26, 2015 /CNW/ - With the much-anticipated spring thaw underway, CAA South Central Ontario (CAA SCO) is reminding drivers to make sure your car is ready for the road this season.
Annual spring car maintenance can help improve your vehicle's performance and lifespan.
CAA SCO spring car care tips:
- Change your oil and keep fluids like brake, coolant and windshield washer, topped up.
- Give your vehicle a thorough cleaning to remove salt and sand accumulated over winter. Clean under the hood and wheel wells.
- When the temperatures hit 7°C consistently, switch back to your all season tires. Rotate your tires to prevent uneven wear. Your front tires take the brunt of the work.
- Check your tire pressure. The air pressure in your tires drops during the cold months which impacts your handling, traction and fuel consumption. The owner's manual will have recommendations.
- Inspect and clean your battery. Your battery's terminal posts and cables should be cleaned every year.
- Check your wiper blades and replace if they are worn or damaged.
- Fix any small scratches caused by road salt or rocks with touch-up paint.
- Get a thorough check up at a CAA Approved Service Repair Service facility.
Meanwhile, CAA SCO is making it easier than ever to get roadside assistance with the help of the CAA Mobile App. Included in the app is CAA Service Tracker, which allows our members to track their road service call from the moment it is received to when the request is completed.
The all-in-one CAA App provides easy access to many CAA services including; roadside assistance, exclusive member savings, TripTik mobile, as well as automotive and insurance information.
For over a hundred years, CAA has been helping Canadians stay mobile, safe and protected. CAA South Central Ontario is one of nine auto clubs across Canada providing roadside assistance, automotive care, travel products, insurance services and member savings for more than 1.9 million members.
SOURCE CAA South Central Ontario
For further information: Media Contact: Silvana Aceto, Media and PR Consultant, CAA SCO, email@example.com, Office: (905) 771-3194, Cell: (416) 209-4930; or Jeff LeMoine, Communications Consultant, CAA SCO, firstname.lastname@example.org, Office: (905) 771-4709, Cell: (416) 254-0641; Follow @CAASCO_News on Twitter for regular updates on wait times, other news and information.