THORNHILL, ON, May 17, 2016 /CNW/ - Ending up in a hospital bed or the waiting room of a doctor's office can disrupt your travel plans and leave you with a hefty medical bill. CAA South Central Ontario (CAA SCO) recommends buying travel insurance if you are planning a quick getaway this Victoria Day long weekend to help protect your vacation, yourself and your loved ones.
"Travel insurance should always be a part of your travel plans even if you are only heading out on a three-day road trip outside of Ontario. Medical treatment for a serious injury or illness while you are away can be costly," said Silvana Aceto, Media Relations Consultant, CAA SCO.
Six things to consider when purchasing travel insurance:
CAA Travel Insurance offers multiple plans to suit your needs. For more information, speak to a travel insurance agent by phone at 1-800-437-8541, or visit a CAA Store near you.
- Ask questions. Speak to a knowledgeable insurance advisor that understands your needs.
- Don't base your decision on price alone.
- If you are planning an action packed long weekend which includes adventure sports check with your insurance provider to see if you will be covered in case of an accident.
- Ontario Health Insurance (OHIP) offers limited coverage for emergency medical expenses outside of the province
- Consider purchasing an annual plan, CAA Insurance offers 4 and 8 Day Multi-Trip Medical plans.
- Read your policy and understand the extent of the coverage you purchased.
CAA Travel Insurance is underwritten by Orion Travel Insurance Company. Certain terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions apply
For over a hundred years, CAA has been helping Canadians stay mobile, safe and protected. CAA South Central Ontario is one of nine auto clubs across Canada providing roadside assistance, travel, insurance services and member savings for our 2 million members.
Follow @CAASCO_News on Twitter for regular updates on wait times, other news and information.
SOURCE CAA South Central Ontario
For further information: Silvana Aceto, Media and PR Consultant, CAA SCO, email@example.com, Office: (905) 771-3194, Cell: (416) 209-4930 or Jeff LeMoine, Communications Consultant, CAA SCO, firstname.lastname@example.org, Office: (905) 771-4709, Cell: (416) 254-0641.