HARTLAND, NB, July 8, 2014 /CNW/ - Day & Ross Inc. is pleased to announce and congratulate this year's winners of the Professional Driving Championship organized by the Atlantic Provinces Trucking Association (APTA) in Truro, NS on June 7, 2014.
The Day & Ross winners were as follows:
- Herb Peters - winner of the 4 axle class, also named "The Most Professional Driver" in this class;
- Stephen McPhee second place winner of the 4 axle class;
- Troy Snow third place winner of the "B Train Class"; and
- Thomas Kilfoil, son of Jason Kilfoil, winner of the children's class "Remote Control."
The Day & Ross team winners were as follows:
- Herb & Annette Peters (Moncton, NB);
- Bob & Toey McKellar (Hartland NB);
- Jason & Nancy Kilfoil (Hartland, NB);
- Stephen & Tam MacPhee (Yarmouth, NS);
- Allison & Cassandra Godreau (Woodstock NB); and
- Troy & Alaina Snow (Dartmouth, NS).
According to Joe Sullivan, Senior Director, Safety & Risk Management for Day & Ross Inc., "The positive feedback on how all our drivers represented the Day & Ross Group in a professional manner both on and off the course was completely overwhelming. It was a pleasure and a privilege to be part of the entire team representing Day & Ross."
Organized through the APTA Safety Council, the Atlantic Driving Championship is designed to promote safe driving skills and professional awareness among truck drivers.
About Day & Ross
From humble beginnings in the 1950s to a comprehensive suite of transportation and logistics services, Day & Ross has grown to become one of the largest transportation companies in Canada. With over 5,500 employees, owner operators, and drivers, Day & Ross continues to offer a diversified portfolio through five core service pillars that leverage our knowledge and capabilities to bring together transportation and logistics solutions for our client base. These core pillars include: Day & Ross Freight, Day & Ross Supply Chain Solutions (SCS), Day & Ross Dedicated Logistics, Day & Ross Trade Networks (DRTN), Sameday Worldwide.
Day & Ross is a wholly owned subsidiary of McCain Foods Limited.
Image with caption: "The Day & Ross Transportation Group (CNW Group/Day & Ross inc.)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20140708_C3716_PHOTO_EN_4156.jpg
Image with caption: "Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum Member (CNW Group/Day & Ross inc.)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20140708_C3716_PHOTO_EN_4158.jpg
SOURCE: Day & Ross inc.
For further information: For media inquiries, please contact Nina Trifan, National Marketing Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.