New Apple HomeKit-enabled camera available now at Apple.ca and in Apple Canada stores later this month.
MISSISSAUGA, ON, Feb. 15, 2017 /CNW/ - D-Link, Canada's leader in home networking, today announced that the new Omna™ 180 Cam HD (DSH-C310) is available for purchase online at Apple.ca and in Apple Canada stores later this month. The first in D-Link's Omna family of HomeKit-enabled devices, the Omna 180 Cam HD provides an easy way for users to monitor their home for extra peace of mind. Omna's HomeKit integration allows users to be "always home" and includes advanced security features with end-to-end encryption and authentication between the camera and an iPhone or iPad. When activity is detected, users will receive a rich notification on their lock screen, delivered via the Apple Home app, showing a live feed from the camera. Users can even access their Omna remotely to see what's happening in their home in real time.*
D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD (DSH-C310) Key Features
Omna's HomeKit integration allows users to be "always home." Seeing everything through your iOS device offers extra peace of mind – keeping an eye on your baby in the nursery, checking on an elderly relative, watching your dog in the living room, or helping ensure homes are safe while on vacation.1
- 180-Degree Field of View – Omna is derived from the Latin word 'omnis' meaning all-encompassing. Most cameras offer a limited 130-degree lens, while D-Link's unique 180-degree solutions and de-warping technology allow users to see just about everywhere and everything.
- Dynamic Video Streaming – The video bitrate continuously adjusts to ensure optimal performance given the available bandwidth.
- Two-Way Audio – Listen and speak using the camera's built-in microphone and speaker, so even when users are not at home they can still make their presence known.
- Night Vision – See up to 5 meters in complete darkness with infrared night vision.
- Motion Detection – Triggers alerts and automatic video clip recording
- Local Recording –Record motion detection triggered video clips directly to a microSD2 card up to 128 GB, with remote playback capabilities. Offers pre-event snapshot and recording, with more flexibility on recording video locally to the camera without impacting network or Internet bandwidth. All with no recurring monthly fees.
- Stylish Design – The camera is designed to fit effortlessly into the modern home with an elegant, discreet and stylish design.
Availability and Pricing
- Omna 180 Cam HD is available for purchase now at Apple.ca and will be available at Apple Canada stores later this month.
- The Omna 180 Cam HD will retail for $269.95 CAD (tax excluded).
* Remote access via the Apple Home app requires Apple TV (4th generation) with tvOS 10.1 or later or iPad running iOS 10.1 or later.
1 Controlling the Omna 180 Cam HD away from home requires an Apple TV (4th generation or later) with tvOS 10.1 or later or iPad with iOS 10.1 or later.
2 microSD card not included.
D-Link is a global leader in connecting people, businesses and cities. We aim to connect more homes, small businesses, medium to large-sized enterprises, and service providers. D-Link implements and supports unified network solutions that integrate capabilities in switching, wireless, broadband, storage, IP surveillance, and cloud-based network management. An award-winning designer, developer, and manufacturer, D-Link has grown from a group of seven friends since its founding in 1986 in Taiwan to more than 2,000 employees worldwide. Web: http://ca.dlink.com/.
D-Link and D-Link logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of D-Link Corporation or its subsidiaries. All other third party marks mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners. Copyright © 2016. D-Link. All Rights Reserved
For further information: Laura Gambino, Account Manager, SWERVEPR, 416.593.5628 x. 110, email@example.com