Cunard brings a world of glamour and fashion on board the iconic ocean liner Queen Mary 2 featuring Dame Zandra Rhodes CBE, Colin McDowell MBE, Fern Mallis, Gail Sackloff OBE, Royal College of Art and Storm Models
VALENCIA, Calif., Sept. 2, 2016 /CNW/ -- Yesterday Royal College of Art graduate, Sophie Schmidt, unveiled her latest creation worn by a Storm model on board the iconic Queen Mary 2 to kick off Cunard's first ever 'Transatlantic Fashion Week' with Dame Zandra Rhodes.
Fashion royalty, including Colin McDowell MBE, Fern Mallis and Gail Sackloff OBE set off from the Port of Southampton on Queen Mary 2 for seven days of runway shows, glamorous dinners and exclusive unveilings before joining New York Fashion Week on September 8.
British Designer Dame Zandra Rhodes CBE, known for dressing some of the world's best-known style icons including Freddie Mercury, Jackie Onassis and former Cunard passenger Elizabeth Taylor, will showcase her latest collection this week on board Queen Mary 2. The celebrated fashion designer is also joined by highly respected fashion historian and style commentator Colin McDowell MBE and New York Fashion Week Founder Fern Mallis for a series of inspirational talks during the voyage.
Passengers will attend exclusive first look runway shows featuring collections from the world's most famous fashion college, the Royal College of Art's 2016 graduates including:
- Niels Gundtoft Hansen: innovative Danish designer whose final collection aims to create the perfect balance between the raw edge and romantic beauty of his home country
- Stefanie Tschirky: born in a small village in Switzerland, Stefanie hopes one day to own her own design studio, with a focus on interdisciplinary design and art work
- Sophie Schmidt: Sophie's interest in design stemmed from her upbringing in a family of architects, and her collection is based on Anthroposophy – taking inspiration from life, the human body and soul to create a deeper meaning
- Oksana Ani: Oksana has taken inspiration from science and technology to create her Fluid'Sense collection, creating the feeling of wearing liquid clothes
- Laetitia Berthier: influenced by social codes, values and symbols of power within menswear across decades, Laetitia's collection is inspired by her French heritage and the varied and diverse influences discovered during her studies
In addition to embracing new design talent, the first-ever fashion show at sea will introduce emerging new faces from of one London's revolutionary modeling agencies, Storm.
Following a recent remastering in the region of $132 million, Queen Mary 2 marks 176 years of heritage, echoing the height of British elegance and luxury associated with Cunard's iconic fleet. Cunard's 'Transatlantic Fashion Week' will provide a rare and exclusive experience for guests set within an art deco inspired interior.
For more information about Cunard or to book a voyage, contact your Travel Consultant at 1-800-728-6273 or visit www.cunard.com.
Defining true excellence at sea with 176 years of legendary voyages, Cunard is the operator of luxury ocean liners Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth, which are all renowned for impeccable White Star Service, gourmet dining and world-class entertainment. Cunard has been synonymous with the quest for new discoveries since the company's first paddle-wheeled steamer, Britannia, crossed the Atlantic in 1840. Today, Cunard offers the only regularly scheduled transatlantic liner service and continues the legacy of world cruising which it began in 1922.
World's Leading Cruise Lines
Cunard is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines. Our exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Costa Cruises, Seabourn and Fathom. Sharing a passion to please each guest and a commitment to quality and value, World's Leading Cruise Lines inspires people to discover their best vacation experience. Together, we offer a variety of exciting and enriching cruise vacations to the world's most desirable destinations. Visit us at www.worldsleadingcruiselines.com.
Cunard is also here:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/cunard | Twitter: www.twitter.com/cunardline
YouTube: www.youtube.com/wearecunard | Blog: www.WeAreCunard.com
Cunard photography is available online at www.cunard3queens.com or at www.cunardimages.com
Login ID: press
For additional information about Cunard, contact:
Jackie Chase, Cunard Line, 661-753-1035, firstname.lastname@example.org
Maria Andriano, MGA Media Group, 212-251-1015, email@example.com
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160902/403940
SOURCE Cunard Line