WATERLOO REGION, ON, June 23 /CNW/ - What do the founder of the Ashley Madison Agency & hotornot.com, a Harvard business professor, and a best-selling business author have in common? They are all keynote speakers at Ontario's preeminent business event hosted by Communitech, the 2010 Tech Leadership Conference to be held July 14 in Waterloo Region.
Keynote speakers are Noel Biderman, founder of the Ashley Madison dating web site targeted to married individuals seeking an affair; Clayton Christensen, Harvard Business School professor and author of The Innovator's Dilemma and new books on bringing innovation to education and health care reform; and Bill Taylor, author of best-selling book Mavericks at Work and co-founder of Fast Company magazine.
"All of these innovative thinkers are shaping how we define success in business today and have interesting perspectives on what it's going to take to compete going forward," said Iain Klugman, president and CEO of Communitech.
With the theme of "The 2010 Commandments", the Tech Leadership Conference promises to be a hot event focusing on current business imperatives with a strong line-up of hard-hitting sessions. The event brings together some 600 entrepreneurial leaders, startups, and large company investors to spark innovation and make new things happen. Communitech will also stage its annual Tech Expo of the next big startup ideas as latest products and solutions emerge from stealth mode to the next step of commercialization.
Breakout sessions at the Tech Leadership Conference include the following topics and leaders:
* Leadership : Scott Kress, Summit Training
* Secrets of successful mergers and acquisitions: Steve McCartney and Kevin Tribe, Tequity; Ted Hastings, Tsavo/Cyberplex
* Crowdsourcing and social media: Jen Evans, Sequentia Environics
* Strategic government relations: Morgan Elliott and Praveen Goyal, Research In Motion
* Mobile Application Development: Jeff Fedor, ParkVu
* Customer Focus: Dr. Douglas Barber, formerly President/CEO of Gennum Corp. and co-auther of Understanding the Disappearance of Early-stage and Start-up R&D Performing Firms.
Full information and registration details are available at: www.techleadership.ca
Communitech www.communitech.ca is the hub for the commercialization of innovation in Waterloo Region, creating economic prosperity by removing barriers to the creation and growth of tech companies.
SOURCE Communitech Ltd.
For further information: For further information: Media Contact: Shelley Grandy, Sr. PR Advisor, Communitech, firstname.lastname@example.org