Regardless of their mobility provider, Cogeco Connexion now protects its customers' mobile devices
MONTREAL, Feb. 7, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - To mark Safer Internet Day, Cogeco Connexion is proud to announce the launch of a new, more complete and more flexible Internet security offering that also protects its customers' mobile devices.
Cogeco Connexion introduces two new Internet security packages: the Cogeco Security package, a complete formula included with all high-speed Internet packages and the Cogeco Security GO package, a suite of premium security services allowing consumers to carry out an unlimited number of downloads on their computers and mobile devices.
"The exponential growth of online commerce and entertainment comes with a greater risk of intrusion or fraud requiring cybernauts to be much more vigilant when it comes to security," stated Daniel Boisvert, Vice-President, Marketing and Innovation, Cogeco Connexion. "Our new Internet security offering reflects our unrelenting desire to meet our customers' ever-changing needs and our commitment to offering them the best possible Internet experience."
Customers subscribing to Cogeco Connexion's high-speed Internet packages already benefit from this enhanced security offering at no additional cost. For just $5.99 per month, they can also opt for the Cogeco Security GO package, offering coverage that extends to an unlimited number of devices including all their mobile devices. Regardless of the customer's cell service provider, Cogeco Connexion protects all the mobile devices of a given family (mobile phones, e-tablets, etc.) for greater peace of mind.
Driven by F-Secure, a world-class player in the field of cyber security, Cogeco Security and Cogeco Security GO provide:
- Protection against viruses, spyware, phishing emails and other online threats
- Protection against identity theft
- Protection against fraud, including banking protection
- Parental control
- Online browsing protection including social media sites
- Monitoring and protection of home Wi-Fi networks
- Continuous automatic updates without slowing devices
- Availability on PC, MAC, Android and iOs devices.
Cogeco Connexion at glance:
- Wholly owned subsidiary of Cogeco Communications Inc.
- Employees: 2,550
- Clients: Consumers and Businesses
- Offering: video, high-speed Internet, telephony, voice and data fibre transmission and cloud computing solutions for companies
- 11,000 km of linear optical fibre between Windsor, Ontario, and Gaspé, Quebec
- Hybrid network: fibre optics and coaxial cable
- Optical fibre network since 1990
- Available Internet download speeds: 120 megabits per second throughout the territory and up to 1 gigabit per second in some regions of Ontario
- Community television stations: Cogeco TV (15 in Quebec and 22 in Ontario, with close to 1,000 volunteers).
ABOUT COGECO CONNEXION
Cogeco Connexion regroups the Canadian cable operations of Cogeco Communications Inc. Cogeco Connexion is the second largest cable operator in Ontario and Québec in terms of the number of basic cable service customers served. It provides its residential and small business customers with video, Internet and telephony services through its two-way broadband cable networks. Cogeco Communications Inc. is a communications corporation and is the 8th largest hybrid fibre coaxial cable operator in North America operating in Canada under the Cogeco Connexion brand name in Québec and Ontario, and in the United States through its subsidiary Atlantic Broadband in western Pennsylvania, south Florida, Maryland/Delaware, South Carolina and eastern Connecticut. Through Cogeco Peer 1, Cogeco Communications Inc. provides its business customers with a suite of information technology services (colocation, network connectivity, hosting, cloud and managed services), through its 16 data centres, extensive FastFiber Network® and more than 50 points of presence in North America and Europe. Cogeco Communications Inc.'s subordinate voting shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: CCA).
SOURCE Cogeco Connexion
For further information: INFORMATION AND INTERVIEW REQUESTS: Isabelle Fontaine, Director, Public Relations and External Communications, Cogeco Connexion, 514-764-4577, email@example.com