CI Financial reports assets under management

TSX Symbol: CIX

TORONTO, July 4, 2016 /CNW/ - CI Financial Corp. ("CI") today reported assets under management at June 30, 2016 of $109.6 billion and total assets of $145.0 billion.

Assets under management increased by 0.7% year over year and were down 0.9% in the month of June. Total assets gained $2.3 billion or 1.6% over the 12-month period and declined 0.8% in June. Meanwhile, the S&P/TSX Composite Index declined 0.2% year over year and was up 0.3% in the month of June.

Average assets under management for the second quarter were $109.0 billion, representing an increase of $1.7 billion or 1.6% from the average for the first quarter of 2016.

CI reported assets under advisement at Assante Wealth Management (Canada) Ltd. and Stonegate Private Counsel of $35.4 billion at June 30, 2016, an increase of $1.5 billion or 4.5% year over year.

Additional information about CI's assets and financial position can be found below in the tables of preliminary statistics and on its website, www.cifinancial.com, in the Statistics section. These are the only statistics authorized by CI and CI takes no responsibility for reporting by any external sources.

CI FINANCIAL CORP.

June 30, 2016

PRELIMINARY MONTH-END STATISTICS

ENDING ASSETS

June 30/16
(millions)

May 31/16
 (millions)

%
Change

June 30/15
(millions)

%
Change

Assets under management

$109,594

$110,560

-0.9%

$108,839

0.7%

Assets under advisement*

35,433

35,590

-0.4%

33,897

4.5%

TOTAL

$145,027

$146,150

-0.8%

$142,736

1.6%

 

MONTHLY AVERAGE
ASSETS UNDER MANAGEMENT

June 30/16
(millions)

May 31/16
(millions)

%
Change

Monthly average

$109,313

$109,042

0.2%

                               

FISCAL QUARTER AVERAGE
ASSETS UNDER MANAGEMENT

Ending June 30/16
(millions)

Ending Mar. 31/16 
(millions)

%
Change

Fiscal quarter average

$108,994

$107,321

1.6%

 

FISCAL YEAR AVERAGE
ASSETS UNDER MANAGEMENT

Ending June 30/16
(millions)

Fiscal 2015
(millions)

%
Change

Fiscal year average

$108,157

$108,384

-0.2%

 

EQUITY

FINANCIAL POSITION
(millions)       

Total outstanding shares

271,181,255

Debt outstanding

$626

QTD weighted avg. shares

272,729,344

Net debt outstanding

$518

Current Yield

5.1%



Potential share dilution from options

78,416

Terminal redemption value of funds

$585

All options % of shares

3.3%



* Includes assets managed by CI and held by clients of advisors with Assante and Stonegate Private Counsel.

 

ESTIMATED GEOGRAPHIC EXPOSURE OF AUM

Canada

37%

Asia

4%

United States

33%

Other

4%

Europe

13%

Cash

9%

 

CI Financial Corp. (TSX: CIX) is an independent, Canadian-owned wealth management company. Its primary operating businesses are CI Investments Inc., one of Canada's largest investment managers, advisory businesses Assante Wealth Management and Stonegate Private Counsel, and First Asset Capital Corp., a leader in providing actively managed exchange-traded funds to the Canadian marketplace. CI is on the Web at www.cifinancial.com.

SOURCE CI Financial Corp.

For further information: Investor Relations, CI Financial Corp., (416) 364-1145

RELATED LINKS
http://www.ci.com

Custom Packages

Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.

Start today.

CNW Membership

Fill out a CNW membership form or contact us at 1 (877) 269-7890

Learn about CNW services

Request more information about CNW products and services or call us at 1 (877) 269-7890